The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best overall player so far?

Zuongo

Hansen for sure, Tanev as well, also I'm going to go ahead and say Ballard, Him and Tanev were playing lights out but because of AVs jealousy and how he couldn't stand to see Ballard doing good, he decided to break that tandom up, which resulted in 2 bad games for Ballard and a benching...right down AVs plan!

Henrik, Daniel, burrows since they play against or matched up against the oppositions top defensive pairings. Imagine how hard is that every game. Especially with kesler out; they still producing regularly.

I'm guessing Ballard and Tanev best overall def since you guys claim their lights alot shutting down other teams top two lines.

luongo by far yea hes recently had two off games but has been on point the rest of the season we should b starting him a lot more though schneider has played way under par almost everygame hes started besides a few in the middle when he felt the pressure to perform when luongo was on fire

I'm taking Tanev hete, he is just the definition of calm and cool on the ice. Hansen has been on all Canucks radar and rightfully so, he's playing great and showing a lot of heart each night he steps out on the ice. I'm not a. I'm not a Raymond fan but he has been playing good and I'm enjoying seeing him out there most nights. I think he is at his peak in trade value and hope someone makes a offer for him:)

This are Tanev then Hansen are the team MVP if you are talking about every game. Lately you have to throw the twins in there as a natural choice since they are playing good hockey again. Booth the last two games isn't in the running but he's starting to show some signs of the second liner we got him as.

Now just someone to SET up the line mates on the second line........

I would have to say hands down Jannik Hansen and Chris Tanev, I want to say the Sedins because your best players SHOULD be your best players but Henrik looked terrible tonight on the winning goal WTF was he doing!??It's mind boggling how this team just allows opponents to walk right into the slot untouched, Calvert could've literally had a smoke before scoring the overtime winner.

I'm surprised people are saying Higgins... watch him closely he's made a lot of giveaways. Had a good burst a couple weeks ago and is cooling off again like the start of the season.

Tanev and Hansen. Ballard and Raymond are close behind though. These four were the only ones to start like it mattered.

Aside from our top line? I'd give it to Hansen or Raymond... But it's a hard choice, all our players have had their moments to shine and win us a game. The Sedins have been real good, they are back on a point per game. (Which is always good to see) Bur has solidified his spot on the top line again, Higgins has stepped his game up. Hamhuis is doing better now and Garrison is plus-9, I'm still hoping we get our PP back on point though.. We need to win some games! I can't believe we lost to Columbus. *sigh* <_<

EDIT: Hope Bieksa comes back soon! Tanev has earned his spot as our 5-6th D for sure! Think it's about time we trade Ballard or Booth though, 1 assist for each of them so far and we're paying them a combined 8.45 mil! :mellow:

Also if we manage to make any trades for the deadline, I think Kassian or Schroeder need to be sent down. They're not as productive as they were at the beginning of the season and both are now minus-4. Don't even get me started on Edler's play lately... lol

Henrik for me. His points don't necessarily show it (PPG is still very good though) but I feel like he has added many new aspects to his game. He seems much more confident making plays; is more gritty and physical; and is doing important defensive zone draws on the PK. He is really acting like a captain.

Next to him, I'll maybe say Hansen and MayRay has upped his games as well. Everybody else is either under-performing or doing as expected.

Archived