The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Playoffs

aliveinchrist14

The Vancouver Canucks will and yes, I said will miss the playoffs this year, if they don't fix the issues I'll highlight in this article!! I'm sorry, but when you have a GM sitting on his duff instead of getting the much needed trades done to make this despicable team competitive, you'll always lose.

The Canucks this year compared to the past two years:

This Year:

Can't score, no defense, no goaltending, lose on the road, lose at home, lose when playing back to back nights, no power-play, no penalty kill, can't win face-offs, etc.

The Past 2 Years:

Everything you read in the "this year" section would be the opposite in this section, except goaltending...

They are terrible all around and the key to other teams beating them night after night, is simple, SHUT DOWN THE SEDIN'S. They do that and they win and trust me they're doing that and have been for the past two or three years, the difference this year, from two and three years ago, no one else can score on this team because they have no talent!! We spend more time in our zone then we do in the other teams zones. This is the worst Canucks team I've seen put on the ice in probably 5 or 6 years!! How sad is that? I feel like cheering bring back Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Morrison!!

Now, there is a fix that could turn this all around and the Canucks might get lucky enough to win enough games to get in the playoffs, what is that you ask? Well, get a great second line winger or two, a top center-man in the league and bam, the Canucks will be competitive again. You have to understand, this team is not that far away from being really good if we get alternative scoring and some top tier center-men. Here's the bottom line, you can't score and win games if you never have the puck! You NEED to have top tier center-men, or you'll always lose! Center-men, in my eyes, are the most important players in the league! They win the draws and more times then not, they setup the wingers, who usually score all of the goals (for example, Henrik Sedin) I miss Manny Malhotra, what a top tier center-man he was! I mean Come on, I can't even watch this team play anymore this year, watching them, makes me want to scream and lace up some skates and go out there and do something to fix this myself! I'm so terribly upset by the way this team has under achieved this year. It's ridiculous and makes me sick. Anyways, I love this team and that's why I get so frustrated when they under achieve or don't play up to their full potential. 7th in the West? Are you kidding me? By the time this nights over, if they lose this game, they might be completely out of the playoffs! Like I said, if they don't fix these issues, they WON'T make the playoffs this year, what a tragedy that would be! I hope that when all is said and done, I can look back at this post and say, "Man I'm glad I was so terribly wrong!" I want to be wrong about all of this, but, like I said, they need to fix these issues or you can chalk this year up as a HUGE disappointment!

There will be no playoffs for the Canucks. The teams they're competing against are getting better. Us, well we're 5 wins in the last 16. Does that sound like a team ready to make a run down the stretch to you?

The Vancouver Canucks will and yes, I said will miss the playoffs this year, if they don't fix the issues I'll highlight in this article!! I'm sorry, but when you have a GM sitting on his duff instead of getting the much needed trades done to make this despicable team competitive, you'll always lose.

The Canucks this year compared to the past two years:

This Year:

Can't score, no defense, no goaltending, lose on the road, lose at home, lose when playing back to back nights, no power-play, no penalty kill, can't win face-offs, etc.

The Past 2 Years:

Everything you read in the "this year" section would be the opposite in this section, except goaltending...

They are terrible all around and the key to other teams beating them night after night, is simple, SHUT DOWN THE SEDIN'S. They do that and they win and trust me they're doing that and have been for the past two or three years, the difference this year, from two and three years ago, no one else can score on this team because they have no talent!! We spend more time in our zone then we do in the other teams zones. This is the worst Canucks team I've seen put on the ice in probably 5 or 6 years!! How sad is that? I feel like cheering bring back Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Morrison!!

Now, there is a fix that could turn this all around and the Canucks might get lucky enough to win enough games to get in the playoffs, what is that you ask? Well, get a great second line winger or two, a top center-man in the league and bam, the Canucks will be competitive again. You have to understand, this team is not that far away from being really good if we get alternative scoring and some top tier center-men. Here's the bottom line, you can't score and win games if you never have the puck! You NEED to have top tier center-men, or you'll always lose! Center-men, in my eyes, are the most important players in the league! They win the draws and more times then not, they setup the wingers, who usually score all of the goals (for example, Henrik Sedin) I miss Manny Malhotra, what a top tier center-man he was! I mean Come on, I can't even watch this team play anymore this year, watching them, makes me want to scream and lace up some skates and go out there and do something to fix this myself! I'm so terribly upset by the way this team has under achieved this year. It's ridiculous and makes me sick. Anyways, I love this team and that's why I get so frustrated when they under achieve or don't play up to their full potential. 7th in the West? Are you kidding me? By the time this nights over, if they lose this game, they might be completely out of the playoffs! Like I said, if they don't fix these issues, they WON'T make the playoffs this year, what a tragedy that would be! I hope that when all is said and done, I can look back at this post and say, "Man I'm glad I was so terribly wrong!" I want to be wrong about all of this, but, like I said, they need to fix these issues or you can chalk this year up as a HUGE disappointment!

Damn..I just realized Toronto has more wins than us (15-12-2) through 29 games. We're 13-9-6 through 28 games. I know my names dontstresskes, but I'm stressing!!! We need MAJOR changes right away. I swear if Toronto wins a cup before us after all that's happened to them, that'd be embarrassing...

Damn..I just realized Toronto has more wins than us (15-12-2) through 29 games. We're 13-9-6 through 28 games. I know my names dontstresskes, but I'm stressing!!! We need MAJOR changes right away. I swear if Toronto wins a cup before us after all that's happened to them, that'd be embarrassing...

The Canucks are a waste. A waste of some high-level, high-potential players who deserve so much better a lot in the league. A waste of a team that makes big claims, but cannot back it up. Guys like Luongo and the Sedins deserve so much better than this.

This team plays in a city that takes much pride, but right now, has nothing to show for. No Cup for the one bunch of fans that want it so much more badly than anyone else - so much so, that if they can't have it, they'd smash the city to smitherines.

The Canucks are a total mess now, and it's time to overhaul everything. It's time for Gillis to be replaced with Linden (or perhaps Pat Quinn), and let's say replace AV with Lindy Ruff.

The Canucks are a waste. A waste of some high-level, high-potential players who deserve so much better a lot in the league. A waste of a team that makes big claims, but cannot back it up. Guys like Luongo and the Sedins deserve so much better than this.

This team plays in a city that takes much pride, but right now, has nothing to show for. No Cup for the one bunch of fans that want it so much more badly than anyone else - so much so, that if they can't have it, they'd smash the city to smitherines.

The Canucks are a total mess now, and it's time to overhaul everything. It's time for Gillis to be replaced with Linden (or perhaps Pat Quinn), and let's say replace AV with Lindy Ruff.

Archived