The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

North Korea 'readying rockets', aimed at U.S. targets

The Hornet

Quoting a military general regardless of which military group is more accurate that whetever we say here on a message boards.

US has 28,000 soldiers deployed in South Korea alone, You dont think a nuke would do damage to that? I think there is misunderstanding here.

I will say this again and I dont plan to repeat myself over and over, The US will beat the North Korean eventually because of intel, advanced technology and tactics BUT it wouldnt be as easy as some people here claim it to be. That is all I am saying. How NK will launch it's nukes or plan their attack is out of the question. I am only backing my thought up from history and what nukes can do. Just look at the Vietnam war, sure they did not have the nuke technology but so many Americans died and was not really called a victory for the US. We're blinded by this US military propaganda through video games. No war will be easy.

many things, many opinions.

sure NK can´t handle a war alone for much time and win...

BUT.

imagine this. NK starts a war against USA, SK, Japan...

there´s some countries that don´t like USA, like Iran and Siria. it will be perfect for crazy dictators and terrorists find an excuse to attack USA. "the USA destroyed a small country just because they wanted have nuclear weapons".

will be the "perfect idea" for crazy people. Iran may join NK and attack Israel for "revenge", the war will spread over middle east due to the "anti-american" feeling, Israel will face more problem than they have today. Terrorists will use wathever they have to "destroy those infidels".

even couting with the skilled military from Israel it will be a war with Iran. not only against Iran but against many terrorists groups that will attack them before attack USA...

and we´re couting the situation where China and Russia will not be involved...

because if China and Russia decide take part on this war. the WW3 will be a HUGE problem...

the crazy ideas of NK dictator will be only the start. deal will a million of hungry soldiers obeying a fat kid will be easy, easier if USA deploy a large scale retaliation...

BUT. another thing is deal with a group of angry terrorists determinated to do wathever they can do destroy the enemy. those terrorists aren´t hungry and aren´t obeying a fat kid. they´re obeying something stronger...

we should look at this situation. if this war really starts there will be a global war. NK will be just the 1st to start this mess. the Terrorists will do the rest saying "USA started the massacre. we´re just protecting a small country"

Of course I knew you guys would say this. If this war is going to happen, it wouldnt be like how the US fought Afghanistan or Iraq. North Korea has military not militants, they have nuclear warheads, and they can do some damage. Do you have any idea how destructive nuclear bombs are and what post effects it will have? Sure the US has good advantage in technology but if you studied the history, the US had so much casualties in all of the wars that they were in. This I'm sure is one of the reason why the US is hesistating, the casualty will be too great.

Thousands of soldiers died in Afghanistan alone, and they were against militants. The militants had no aircrafts/gunships/tanks to even plan for an offensive strike.

http://icasualties.o...Fatalities.aspx

North Korea on the other hand have tanks, aircrafts, nuclear missiles etc, and highly trained soldiers (better than the militants from Afghanistan)

Please don't think that the US is so far ahead in technology, even Iran were able to detect and shot down 2 US unmanned aerial vehicles that they claim very stealthy. US is not the only country upgrading in technology.

I never said that the US will not win. It just that it wont be "EASY" as some of the posters here have said.

The video you showed shows and proves nothing. Like I said, The militant's stregth were suicide bombers and unlimited supply of guns from the black market. They did not have anti aircraft weapons, they don't have nuclear warheads, they dont have 500+ tanks.

Just fire away? WTF is wrong with you?!? Did you play too much Call of Duty? This war is to stop Kim Jong Un's intention of bombing the US and its allies, not to kill all North Koreans.

If you are convinced that the US would faceroll NK that easy and without great casualties then you are wrong.

Anything North Korea try and fire at the South or around the world will be stopped. Look at the Iron dome in Isreal. It shot down 90% of the rockets fired at them a couple months ago. The Americans supposedly have a better missle defence.

Anything North Korea try and fire at the South or around the world will be stopped. Look at the Iron dome in Isreal. It shot down 90% of the rockets fired at them a couple months ago. The Americans supposedly have a better missle defence.

many things, many opinions.

sure NK can´t handle a war alone for much time and win...

BUT.

imagine this. NK starts a war against USA, SK, Japan...

there´s some countries that don´t like USA, like Iran and Siria. it will be perfect for crazy dictators and terrorists find an excuse to attack USA. "the USA destroyed a small country just because they wanted have nuclear weapons".

will be the "perfect idea" for crazy people. Iran may join NK and attack Israel for "revenge", the war will spread over middle east due to the "anti-american" feeling, Israel will face more problem than they have today. Terrorists will use wathever they have to "destroy those infidels".

even couting with the skilled military from Israel it will be a war with Iran. not only against Iran but against many terrorists groups that will attack them before attack USA...

and we´re couting the situation where China and Russia will not be involved...

because if China and Russia decide take part on this war. the WW3 will be a HUGE problem...

the crazy ideas of NK dictator will be only the start. deal will a million of hungry soldiers obeying a fat kid will be easy, easier if USA deploy a large scale retaliation...

BUT. another thing is deal with a group of angry terrorists determinated to do wathever they can do destroy the enemy. those terrorists aren´t hungry and aren´t obeying a fat kid. they´re obeying something stronger...

we should look at this situation. if this war really starts there will be a global war. NK will be just the 1st to start this mess. the Terrorists will do the rest saying "USA started the massacre. we´re just protecting a small country"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gpuimXzka5inwGnL0c9vZsbQ54fw?docId=CNG.4eb43e27607cb9d4be6b952b88ddefeb.01

N. Korea approves nuclear strike on United States

Jung Ha-Won

AFP

April 3, 2013

SEOUL — North Korea dramatically escalated its warlike rhetoric on Thursday, warning that it had authorised plans for nuclear strikes on targets in the United States.

“The moment of explosion is approaching fast,” the North Korean military said, warning that war could break out “today or tomorrow”.

Pyongyang’s latest pronouncement came as Washington scrambled to reinforce its Pacific missile defences, preparing to send ground-based interceptors to Guam and dispatching two Aegis class destroyers to the region.

Tension was also high on the North’s heavily fortified border with South Korea, after Kim Jong-Un’s isolated regime barred South Koreans from entering a Seoul-funded joint industrial park on its side of the frontier.

In a statement published by the state KCNA news agency, the Korean People’s Army general staff warned Washington that US threats would be “smashed by… cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means”.

/End

And the rhetoric continues..

Looks like things are really heating up.

Good news is that even Beijing isn't backing up North Korea.

The Pentagon said it would send ground-based THAAD missile-interceptor batteries to protect military bases on the island of Guam, a US territory some 2,100 miles southeast of North Korea and home to 6,000 American military personnel, submarines and bombers. US officials are working with China and other nations in near North Korea to find a way to ease the tension.

Over the past few months, China has been attempting to meet with North Korean officials about their nuclear and missile tests, but all have been turned away. After being turned away so many times, China has sided with the UN Security Council on putting tougher sanctions on North Korea.

Chinese officials ignored North Korea’s request to send an envoy to them, stating that if they wanted to talk, they would have to send an envoy to China.

On top of that, two North Korean submarines have disappeared!

South Korea has monitoring all marine traffic that has arrived and departed from Hwanghae Province naval base, and two ‘torpedo’ subs. The subs have been described as, ‘small 130-ton, 30-meter, 10-man machines’ that can stay submerged for about 3-4 days.

A very high Chinese government offical (no named) said that China prefers united Korea lead by the South. This quote shortly after North Korea bomed a South Korean Island in 2010. China has not been supporting them for a while now. It's heading that direction very very fast.

Could get crazy in the next few days.

As the world waits to see if North Korea launches a ballistic missile, the regime has attempted to raise tensions further, warning foreigners living in South Korea to make evacuation plans because the peninsula is on the brink of war.

"We do not wish harm on foreigners in South Korea should there be a war," the official KCNA news agency quoted an official from a North Korean organisation calling itself Korea Asia-Pacific Peace Committee as saying.

The KCNA report did not offer details and there are reportedly no signs of a military buildup near the border dividing the Korean peninsula, located less than 40 miles from the South Korean capital, Seoul.

Analysts noted that Pyongyang had issued similar threats in the past, adding that this latest warning is designed to elicit aid and political concessions from Seoul and Washington.

Amid the bluster of recent weeks – during which the North has threatened to launch a nuclear attack on the US – the regime appears to have made good on its threat to withdraw its workers from the Kaesong industrial complex.

None of the 53,000 North Korean workers at the site, located just north of the border, arrived for work on Tuesday morning – a day after Pyongyang accused the South of turning the jointly run zone into "a hotbed of war".

I'm just wondering when will China have enough and start a regime change in Pyongyang, perhaps installing a more obedient puppet. If I am the new Chinese Premier, I won't be asking Kim Jr. Jr. to come to Beijing, I'll be demanding he does. I would be telling him that if he wants to continue on sitting on his little throne, he'd better be paying China the respect it deserves from the North, if not, he will be replace by someone who will listen. If Jr. complains or protests, who are they gonna call for help? lol

Well, South Korea is a pretty small place. It takes like 3 hours on bullet train from Busan to Seoul, basically diagonally across the country. Most of the anti-missile stuff would probably be located along the border, so I believe they should have more than enough.

For those ever visiting South Korea, be sure to check out the DMZ. You can see first hand how serious they take their defense and how tense everything is.

Archived