The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

North Korea 'readying rockets', aimed at U.S. targets

The Hornet

Nope.

They know better than to piss in China and Russia's back yard. Especially the former.

Problem for North Korea is they are starting to make even them leery.

Clearly the solution is for China to roll in and take the country over and let them do the regime change.

^ actually I would argue that fighting militants is more difficult because they blend into the civilian population then ambush you.

Fighting North Korea would be much easier for the Americans as long as they understand not to entangle their troops on the ground.

Since much of the North Korean populace is militarized nearly everything is a target so don't worry about authorizing bomb drops. Just fire away.

NK would really get their donkeys kicked.

The video you showed shows and proves nothing. Like I said, The militant's stregth were suicide bombers and unlimited supply of guns from the black market. They did not have anti aircraft weapons, they don't have nuclear warheads, they dont have 500+ tanks.

Just fire away? WTF is wrong with you?!? Did you play too much Call of Duty? This war is to stop Kim Jong Un's intention of bombing the US and its allies, not to kill all North Koreans.

If you are convinced that the US would faceroll NK that easy and without great casualties then you are wrong.

The video you showed shows and proves nothing. Like I said, The militant's stregth were suicide bombers and unlimited supply of guns from the black market. They did not have anti aircraft weapons, they don't have nuclear warheads, they dont have 500+ tanks.

Just fire away? WTF is wrong with you?!? Did you play too much Call of Duty? This war is to stop Kim Jong Un's intention of bombing the US and its allies, not to kill all North Koreans.

If you are convinced that the US would faceroll NK that easy and without great casualties then you are wrong.

Any conflict with N. Korea will be a conventional warfare in a sense that it will be army units vs army units. Much like the 1st Gulf War, it'll just be a one-sided war with the North Korea being clobbered.

The problem with the US in the Middle East are with terrorists dressing blending with civilians, hence it's pretty much a "police action". With Afghanistan and Iraq, a sizable amount of casualties were friendly-fire or suicides. IIRC, more soldiers in the last few years have died by suicide/friendly-fire than by enemy combatants.

Even with casualties the US have been suffering from, it's only like 4000? 4000 killed in a 10-year conflict is very low. In Desert Storm, only about 1000 were killed and the Iraqi Republican Guards in the 90's could have pummeled the current North Korean regime as well.

The only reason the South have been bending backwards for the longest time are for 2 reasons:

1 - Most people in South Korea have family still in the North. Any conflict isn't just some Country A vs Country B, it's still basically a civil war where you have RoK soldiers basically fighting against their cousins in the DPRK.

2 - Seoul is extremely nearby the DMZ and any damage would affect the country for decades to come. The South has more to lose economically than the North.

I've been to the DMZ before and the South takes the defense of Seoul super seriously. Tons of minefields, collapsible concrete barriers, watch towers every few hundred meters, camouflaged bunkers, troops that resembles Juggernauts in CoD at checkpoints, constant military patrols, many more installations I cannot identify. The DPRK may make initial headway with numerical advantage and with the element of surprise, but Seoul will enter fortress mode, US Forces Korea will arrive from the Southern area, meanwhile the 7th Fleet along with bombers from Guam would have neutralized the North Korea airforce within 48 hours. US-RoK/Misc. UN forces will be reaching Pyongyang within a week or two.

I understand where you are coming at but still does not convince me to disagree to the fact that a war with North Korea will be easy as some of the posters here claim. US knew theres going to be great casualties, US soldiers or South Koreas soldiers, too many lives will be taken. NK is capable of launching Nukes in all of Asia.

Where have you guys been this past couple of months?

http://www.bloomberg...s-correct-.html

http://www.usatoday....threat/2036639/

The US is aware and is very cautious of what NK is capable of. You said only 4000 lives in 10 year span. Dude NK can do that with a nuclear warhead in a day with a successful hit.

Why do you think the US has not made a move against Iran yet? They can't because Iran is capable of launching nuclear bombs. It serves as the country's protection.

I never said that NK cannot be beaten, it just wont be a walk in the park like Afghanistan and Iraq. There will be serious and great casualties.

Quoting a military general regardless of which military group is more accurate that whetever we say here on a message boards.

US has 28,000 soldiers deployed in South Korea alone, You dont think a nuke would do damage to that? I think there is misunderstanding here.

I will say this again and I dont plan to repeat myself over and over, The US will beat the North Korean eventually because of intel, advanced technology and tactics BUT it wouldnt be as easy as some people here claim it to be. That is all I am saying. How NK will launch it's nukes or plan their attack is out of the question. I am only backing my thought up from history and what nukes can do. Just look at the Vietnam war, sure they did not have the nuke technology but so many Americans died and was not really called a victory for the US. We're blinded by this US military propaganda through video games. No war will be easy.

Quoting a military general regardless of which military group is more accurate that whetever we say here on a message boards.

US has 28,000 soldiers deployed in South Korea alone, You dont think a nuke would do damage to that? I think there is misunderstanding here.

I will say this again and I dont plan to repeat myself over and over, The US will beat the North Korean eventually because of intel, advanced technology and tactics BUT it wouldnt be as easy as some people here claim it to be. That is all I am saying. How NK will launch it's nukes or plan their attack is out of the question. I am only backing my thought up from history and what nukes can do. Just look at the Vietnam war, sure they did not have the nuke technology but so many Americans died and was not really called a victory for the US. We're blinded by this US military propaganda through video games. No war will be easy.

Iraq had thousands of tanks and a 2 million man army. it lasted 1 month against NATO and NATO had to stop because it was a slaughter. the Iraq invasion in 2003 took 21 days to reach baghdad and disband it's army. A full scale war in Korea would mean millions dead mostly NK.

I'm not saying it will be easy but it will be no contest to wipe out NK Army and make it useless.

If NK uses Nukes well good bye NK because USA has many more nukes.

Archived