The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Armchair experts: Why can't the Canucks score?

murray hall

Our bottom six is Lapierre, Higgins, Pinizzotto, Sestito, Weise, and Ebbett..

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Hansen-Schroeder-Raymond

Higgins-Ebbett-Pinizzotto

Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Hansen-Schroeder-Raymond

Pinizzotto-Lapierre-Kassian

Huge difference, considering we get a guy like Matthias, Goc, Bozak or even a 2nd line C and slot Kes to the 3rd, we'd be a pretty good offensive team.

I think we play just to keep the #3 seed. Minnesota Wild go on a winning streak then we push with our winning streak. Then Minny losses then we come out flat and unmotivated to play the Oilers...

Or they are playing to make the playoffs then try. After 2 President's trophies with no SC, I don't think they the regular season matters that much

We need to get someone like Naslund. A great sniper who could pick a spot and score. We don't really have that. This season has been a tough one. A lot of players have not played like they are supposed to, I just hope they can get back on track next game. Forget about the Oilers lets focus on the next one.

For whatever reason, Edler has been half the beast he's supposed to be, supporting the attack and hammering the puck on the PP. He's by far not the only reason why the Canucks aren't scoring more but a significant part of the Canuck's overall success. A couple of seasons ago, people were speculating that he was future Norris Trophy material. His uninspired, inconsistent play this season, to date, is indicative of the whole team's play, including the Sedins. :mad:

No effective partner for Eddie.

No effective PP.

The team will play better when the injured man the lineup.

I think the Canucks have done extraordinarily well considering one goalie is half out the door,the PP is missing Kes and a d man to play with Eddy and Booth is taking up 4 million,Kes ,5 and Luongo 5.

As Gillis is arrogant and condescending I tend to dislike him.

However,he gets too much credit when it is going good and too much negativity when it is going bac.

He has a group of men he counts on and he better surround himself with the correct answers to the holes he needs to fill.

One or two more moves and he is in trouble.

The Luo trade has to have one substantial piece coming back our way.

I think we play just to keep the #3 seed. Minnesota Wild go on a winning streak then we push with our winning streak. Then Minny losses then we come out flat and unmotivated to play the Oilers...

Or they are playing to make the playoffs then try. After 2 President's trophies with no SC, I don't think they the regular season matters that much

A flawed coaching system period.

This coaching staff does not put player in position to succeed only in position to change.

Forcing talented rookies with scoring touches to fourth line to play defence as in Kassian, Schroeder and Hodgson.

Ballard, Garrisson as bottom d paring even when playing well.

This coaching staff just doesn't coach and relies on the Goalies to win 1-0 because they don't know how to use talent period.

Archived