The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks could have deal for Clowe as early as Sunday

Heres something interesting:

Clowe tried to get under the skin of Ryan Kesler in the 2011 conference final with some postseason gamesmanship but his ability to grind it out is a commodity that teams are seeking. And he knows exactly what to expect from Alain Vigneault should the Canucks ever revert to a game that they became noted for.

“Vigneaut was my coach in junior (QMJHL) and I know how he likes a physical and competitive team and it’s similar to us,” said Clowe. “We kind of clash a bit and get after each other. They’re fun games and the kind I like to be involved in — high tempo and with a lot of energy. It’s what I like.”

And, quite frankly, it’s hard not to like Clowe’s game when he has everything going.

“I’ve always been a fan of the way he plays the game,” said Canucks winger Chris Higgins. “He plays hard and plays a pretty honest game and is an emotional player. He’s got some pretty good skills around the net and I would understand the need for him.”

Read more: http://www.montrealg...5741/story.html

Lapierre & Clowe both played for Montreal Rocket in 2002-2003. Clowe was a mid-season acquisition. They never made it past the first round but Clowe had 10 points in 7 games in the playoffs.

I'd be seriously concerned about Clowe's lack of goals this season and his the injuries. But he's always been a pretty great playoff performer.

Hmm. Pretty interesting.

Lapierre & Clowe both played for Montreal Rocket in 2002-2003. Clowe was a mid-season acquisition. They never made it past the first round but Clowe had 10 points in 7 games in the playoffs.

I'd be seriously concerned about Clowe's lack of goals this season and his the injuries. But he's always been a pretty great playoff performer.

Hmm. Pretty interesting.

Boston looks like they are out:

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Leading contenders for Clowe, IMO, would be PHI or MIN but it's fluid situation. NYR, VAN, MTL also in mix. 50-

50 it happens today. #tsn

Have to figure a team like NYR more interested in Clowe as a rental. MTL may be hesitant to pay high rental

rates.

Other three teams - PHI, MIN, VAN - capable of doing an extension for Clowe, if so inclined. SJ and MIN do seem to like trading, don't they?

Archived