The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there a problem between management/coaching and players?

PlayStation

*THIS IS NOT A LUONGO THREAD* It's more than just that.

Not long ago you can probably recall the AV & Kesler incident.

Ballard & AV another saga.

Mathieu Schneider incident.

Cody Hodgsons troubles with management.

And I'm sure theres many more we can come up with.

But today TSN aired a little Luongo bit. This is 100% word for word, yes including Luongo's "uhhhs"

Farhan

"It has also been reported that Luongo said no when asked go waive his NTC last summer to move to the Leafs, he says it never got to that point. While GM Mike Gillis may disagree.

Players like Hodgson who "have issues" simply because they don't get what they want does not indicate a problem. I suspect every team has the occasional conflict and frequent disagreements between players, management and coaches. I think that's just reality (do you love everyone at your work place?).

Gillis was probably lying to try and create a bigger market for Luongo than there actually was.

I dont agree that Gillis should be fired yet, yes a lot that has happened over the past 13 months (since trade deadline 2012) has raised concerns, but before you can really go and fire Gillis, you have to look at what he has done over his tenured as the GM. Most importantly, he has brought in a philosophy which both the Ownership and Players have bought into, shown by the funds ownership is providing for unproven treatments and the most of this core taking pay cuts to stay with this team which has resulted in the best time to be a Canucks fan.

Players like Hodgson who "have issues" simply because they don't get what they want does not indicate a problem. I suspect every team has the occasional conflict and frequent disagreements between players, management and coaches. I think that's just reality (do you love everyone at your work place?).

Gillis' words are very vague (possibly on purpose). He said "there were discussions" he didn't say that there was ever a trade in place and he specifically asked Luongo to waive his NTC, which is what Roberto seems to be talking about.

Luongo said he was never approached with a trade and he said no, Gillis` quote just said there have been discussions. Who said Luongo was approached with a trade to Toronto that he rejected? Because that is what he is denying. Maybe there were discussions and Luongo said he would like to go to Florida if possible. I dunno, I just dont find these statements that contradictory.

Archived