The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Commodore Tweets About Lui's Presser Today

MJDDawg

He meant that Canuck fans should be embarrassed for the perception that Lu is hampering this team in any way. And the astonishing misinformation most fans harbour regarding his contract, his accomplishments, and his role on the Canucks has been grossly undervalued since he re-signed.

He has been a good soldier and we should be lucky to have him.

Quite simple what he stated. Most Canuck fans should be embarrassed.

He is completely right... except his tweets should be directed at the Vancouver Media and not just the fans. Its true the fans follow them like sheep but its the crap pot stirrers like Gallagher or Botchford that get fans into an emotional frenzy to get the Fans to buy into whatever crap their flogging.

Sorry fro Lu? :picard:

His ego got him that big contract and now his ego has taken a hit and realized he's not what he thought he was..

6.7 mil a season with a 5.3 mil cap hit to be a back up. He wanted big money and he's getting it as a back up. Maybe he should of played elite instead of putting up blowouts in the playoffs and then crying and asked to be traded because Cory finished the LA series. If he hadn't suck a ego and kept his mouth shut he would of be their number 1 and CS would of been traded.You can't just decided to keep a guy who asked to be traded cause his ego was hurt.

Sorry fro Lu? :picard:

His ego got him that big contract and now his ego has taken a hit and realized he's not what he thought he was..

6.7 mil a season with a 5.3 mil cap hit to be a back up. He wanted big money and he's getting it as a back up. Maybe he should of played elite instead of putting up blowouts in the playoffs and then crying and asked to be traded because Cory finished the LA series. If he hadn't suck a ego and kept his mouth shut he would of be their number 1 and CS would of been traded.You can't just decided to keep a guy who asked to be traded cause his ego was hurt.

Not sure why Mike would be so emotionally invested in what is going on with Lou, good friends maybe? As he is not a former player here. Mike has always liked the spotlight and is in fact a pretty good listen, when he is being interviewed, but this was ill fated timing on his part, will probably back pedal in the up coming days.

Guest Pinchin

Commodore is a bit of dong for rubbing it in, it's not really on the fans, we just watch and either cheer or complain like any team's fans. There are good and bad fans (by perspective) in every city, Commodore is just another echo from an ignorant point of view. Keep piling on Mike, I'll check back when you get another NHL contract.

Just evidence that twitter is for retards. People don't need to comment on every little stupid thing that happens in life. God damn, I hope there are not aliens out there because the human race is embarrassing the crap out of me.

Who freaking cares what Mike (I'm a finge NHL'er) Commodore thinks ... like really is he going to have his own late night show about hockey?

And to those of you that are viewing this as some kind of Luongo defence, you're all deluded and should seek social media counseling.

There is a difference between those who think we should go with Schnieds bc he is younger, better, cheaper etc etc and those who just say Lou sucks.

Those in the latter category are true idiots. Also those who complain when the guy says his contract sucks and he'd change it in a second to get out if he could - raw emotion.

This man did lift our team out of the dumps folks, he single handedly made us a playoff team and gave the Sedins, Kelser, Burrows, Bieksa, a chance to compete in the playoffs when they had no right being there in the early years, which helped their development.

I have been uber critical of him but I think fairly so, at least where I see weaknesses in his game relative to Cory. Again if we didn't have Cory point would be moot.

But those who don't appreciate this man have had an effect on him. I felt very sorry for the MAN Roberto Luongo yesterday. Not the hockey player, the man. He wants to play, and money is not his goal, he is a competitor and a leader, and not only that, what he does for kids in our community, I'd say is more than 99% of the people on this board.

And to see him upset about being here, what it has done to him mentally, emotionally, is a tribute to the Vancouver Canucks FANS.

Its fair to be critical folks but be respectful of the human being.

It was getting to a point where it might make sense to trade Schnieds given the contract issues and problems and potential returns (not something i'd want but heck Lou is still top ten in my mind) but given yesterday, there is no chance, the man has been broken by this city and deserves out for his own sake.

Its terrible that this is they way he'll remember this city's fans, like a bunch of ungrateful a-holes.

Again, its ok to say ya I like schnieds better and go with him, but don't be ungrateful for what Lou brought us, thats garbage. That's like saying if Gaunce came in (and not that he will but bear with me) and outplayed Henrik in 2 years, that we start beating on Henrik?

Please folks

Lu is pure class. I don't even know what to say about this except Commie is 100% correct in his assessment of Van fans. Not all but a good percentage. Lu gets way to little credit for what he has done here.

People are way to quick to turn their backs on him. Without Lu the Nucks don't even make it to the final vs Boston. The Canucks could'nt beat the Bruins and it was no fault of Luongo. He stole three games for us and had one bad game. That was basically the turning point for him.

You could'nt go to a pub or a game without people calling for his head. In my opinion Lu in the pipes still give Canucks the best chance at a cup. I like Schneider but think Lu is still the better goalie.

It's only a matter of time before the fickle Van fans do the same thing to Schneids calling for his head and tossing him in the gutter. Maybe not all Van fans are clueless but the majority are.

Archived