The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Opening Faceoff Goal

The Magician

The guy had some flash and dash out there tonight. It was good to see he got rewarded with a goal. And that Bure move, trying to do foot-to-stick with the puck? The guy's got balls, for sure. How sweet that would have been if he managed to pull it off with Bure in the house.

I'm less concerned with him scoring goals than I am with him banging bodies and being smart defensively. This team is lacking a true intimidating force Gillis targeted Clowe and Raffi but came up empty. We need him to be the elite 3rd line banger (if there is such a thing) We know he can be.

Honey

I'm not sure why everyone says "Kassian should get out there and protect the Sedins"..he is not their "Protector" -

The sedins are big boys, and can handle themselves. Why they got pushed around in the finals, I'm not sure. These guys go to the dirty areas day in and day out, they get shoved and pushed around, and still manage to be PPG players. They do not need Kassian to fight for them -

Having a bigger team all around (Kassian/Weise/Lapierre etc.) makes other teams think twice about going after the Sedins. You hit daniel, we'll put out our bruisers and hit you. You don't need to be on the same line to do that - it's honestly the coaches call to do that - when the other team sends their skilled players, you send out your intimidators..they intimidate.

I personally think you play Higgins/Kesler/Kassian - why? Kassian doesn't need the puck, neither does Higgins. Higgins will dig that puck out, and Kassian is more than happy to pass - we all know Kesler shoots first - that works

Archived