The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 CDC STHS Hockey League Draft

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Seeing as nobody gives a crap can we get rid of 4th and 5th round draft picks ? 1-3 is just fine IMO..

If anybody who has 4ths and 5ths that arent there own in the next 2 years just give them a extra pick if they really want it..

Just my 2 cents..

I have to agree - while I have no draft picks, I'm releasing the rights to ALOT of my lower-tier prospect simply because they have 0 chance of ever making my roster; we don't have an ECHL team to run & can't assign younger players to their CHL/European clubs; I think 3, MAYBE 4 rounds would be more than enough to fill out an NHL/AHL roster.

I'm down for just 3 rounds next year. They will mostly consist of created players anyways so there should be no "inside" scouting reports on the players.

Here's an idea as well; maybe we could do the 3 rounds and have a list of 5-7 created college players designated to make the jump to pro hockey each year. Have a scouting report or two over the season. Might add a bit more realism to the game and will also satisfy some of our GM's intense desire to sign a player during free agency. Thoughts?

Archived