Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,845 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

TSN Quote of the day:

new_snipe_city
1 hour ago
C-Tron, I called the oilers for playoff tickets and the person who picked up the phone hung up on me... Why is Edmonton so rude?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#62 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

........... if Lui is starting tonight that's what u take out of it??

Yup. Schneider is clearly going to be the starter. Might as well give Luo as many games as possible before the very final stretch. Get him ready in case he needs to take over the reigns in the case Cory falters.

#63 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

4-2 Canucks:

Goals:
Kesler
Roy
Hansen
Burrows

#64 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yup. Schneider is clearly going to be the starter. Might as well give Luo as many games as possible before the very final stretch. Get him ready in case he needs to take over the reigns in the case Cory falters.

What a crock! Lu sat for 11 starts and came out on 6 hrs notice and played great. Having a start now will have no impact on how he plays (if he plays) in the playoffs.

If AV plans to go with Cory straight through to the playoffs startingt next game, it may make sense from the point of view of resting Cory but as he has only played one game in the last 6 nights, that seems a bit of a stretch too.

#65 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

What a crock!  Lu sat for 11 starts and came out on 6 hrs notice and played great.  Having a start now will have no impact on how he plays (if he plays) in the playoffs.

If AV plans to go with Cory straight through to the playoffs startingt next game, it may make sense from the point of view of resting Cory but as he has only played one game in the last 6 nights, that seems a bit of a stretch too.

Just speculation on my part if Luongo is 100% starting back to back

#66 cupbearer

cupbearer

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

4-2 Canucks,

Kes PP goal
Burrows
Weise
Hansen

Edited by cupbearer, 16 April 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#67 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Sestito better be playing tonight.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#68 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Yeah. Not directed at you really more at the constant comments on here about how Lu needs to be given a "run" to prepare for the playoffs. It wears really thin after awhile.

#69 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

If luongo starts tonight its NOT because av is resting Cory for the playoffs. Give it a rest... imagine if we had scrivens... u think he would get back to back games?

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#70 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

If luongo starts tonight its NOT because av is resting Cory for the playoffs. Give it a rest... imagine if we had scrivens... u think he would get back to back games?

...and it's not because Lu needs to "go on a run" either. Talk about needing to give it a rest!!

#71 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Great GDT thread! Love Stewarts face and Backes hat. What a couple of tools.

Canucks will win.
Posted Image

#72 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

This will be an interesting game. St. Louis is in playoff mode at the moment (anyone who watched their game against Chicago would agree) and could very well be our first round opponent. This game will show if our guys can step it up or not.

Sure hope our defence plays better than they did yesterday.
Posted Image

#73 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

...and it's not because Lu needs to "go on a run" either. Talk about needing to give it a rest!!

Why would u want Lui to go on a run when you've embarrassed him in the media? When u offered him for a couple picks and scrivens??

Bottom line is AV is 100% confident in Roberto if he starts him tonight.... that being said I'm not sold he's starting tonight... if he does its a MAJOR statement. You don't start the back up in back to back nights especially in our position.

They've made it evident they want Cory as #1 but r slowly realizing Lui might be the better choice.

Edited by apollo, 16 April 2013 - 11:05 AM.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#74 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

71-1 Canucks!

Hank 7
Dank 13
Beaver Buzz 8
Bull 14
ROY BABY! 6
Honey Badger 4
Juice 3
Hammer 2
Mr. Garrison 6
Fat Alberts 2
Dog House 3
LapDance 2
Dutch League 1

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY!!!!
BLUES BE BLACK AND BLUE BY THE END OF THIS!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#75 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Apollo, how about you shut it before you and your ilk hijack this thread as well. My ignore list is getting huge thanks to these truly mindless debates.
Posted Image

#76 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

4-3 Van

Bur
Mase
Hansen
Roy

#77 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Will be a tough gm, back to back on the road.
Posted Image

#78 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Apollo, how about you shut it before you and your ilk hijack this thread as well. My ignore list is getting huge thanks to these truly mindless debates.

#79 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

TSN Quote of the day:

new_snipe_city
1 hour ago
C-Tron, I called the oilers for playoff tickets and the person who picked up the phone hung up on me... Why is Edmonton so rude?

Lol, were you serious or were you just checking for a response? Still pretty good. I'll be asking my Oilers friend where I can get Oilers tickets for sure tonight when i speak to them.

#80 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just win, that is all.
Posted Image

#81 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Please don't add me to your ignore list :( you seem like such a swell guy... please I want to be ur friend :'(((

its a discussionn forum, don't like my post don't read my posts then tough guy

2cz94w5.jpg

#82 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

AND STAY HEALTHY
Posted Image

#83 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

I hope we can come out and play Canuck hockey... this and the next 4 games will be very good indications of what we can do in playoffs

#84 Wedge-tailed Eagle

Wedge-tailed Eagle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Anyone think that if Luu starts tonight Cory is still not fully recovered from sickness? Think about it, he probably was no longer contagious by the Avalanche game, maybe he was still feeling the effects then and now? (hence the not as normally brilliant performance on Saturday)
Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for awesome sig

#85 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Anyone think that if Luu starts tonight Cory is still not fully recovered from sickness? Think about it, he probably was no longer contagious by the Avalanche game, maybe he was still feeling the effects then and now? (hence the not as normally brilliant performance on Saturday)

Honestly I don't think the flu could be an issue at all. He's had it on april 10th wwhen Lui played the flames.

It is now april 16th... a professional athlete would have recovered and be 100% by now. The canucks have amazing nutritionists and doctors... there is no reason for a player to take 6 days to recover from a flu. Unless its extremely bad, but he didn't seem sick vs the avs

2cz94w5.jpg

#86 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Schneider gets the start.

@botchford: Cory Schneider had a tough night after the bombings in Boston http://t.co/JazquEGRn5

Read the article

#87 Wedge-tailed Eagle

Wedge-tailed Eagle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Honestly I don't think the flu could be an issue at all. He's had it on april 10th wwhen Lui played the flames.

It is now april 16th... a professional athlete would have recovered and be 100% by now. The canucks have amazing nutritionists and doctors... there is no reason for a player to take 6 days to recover from a flu. Unless its extremely bad, but he didn't seem sick vs the avs

Yeah I guess, was it confirmed to be the flu? Couldn't he be having residual headaches? You would not be able to see if its bad by watching the game, and it would affect performance?

Edit: NVM Schnieder starting anyways

Edited by Dragonxz9, 16 April 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for awesome sig

#88 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,845 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lol, were you serious or were you just checking for a response? Still pretty good. I'll be asking my Oilers friend where I can get Oilers tickets for sure tonight when i speak to them.

Wasn't me, I'm, heretic_qpf on TSN.
It just made me laugh as C-Tron likes to try to get to Canucks fans - I think he posts more on Canucks related stories than any other - maybe he's a closet fan and doesn't want his Oilers friends to know! :)

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#89 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Schneider gets the start.

@botchford: Cory Schneider had a tough night after the bombings in Boston http://t.co/JazquEGRn5

Read the article

I completely forgot Cory is a Boston boy. That must really have messed with him yesterday.

#90 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Cory starting... that makes sense now.

Funny how people who thought he wasn't starting were making excuses of why Lui might b playing :P

2cz94w5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.