The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Arena is boring !

smurf47

My wife went to the Canuck's game last night and watched it from the company box. She remarked on how little fanfare there was and how very little was done to engage the crowd and pump them up. We see a lot of games in Phoenix and it was her opinion that they could teach the Canucks organization a lot on including fans. Better music, better light show, video clips, giveaways and promotions noise meters etc,. Jobbing .com rocks especially when a Canadian team plays and last nights game, in Vancouver, was dullsville.

My wife went to the Canuck's game last night and watched it from the company box. She remarked on how little fanfare there was and how very little was done to engage the crowd and pump them up. We see a lot of games in Phoenix and it was her opinion that they could teach the Canucks organization a lot on including fans. Better music, better light show, video clips, giveaways and promotions noise meters etc,. Jobbing .com rocks especially when a Canadian team plays and last nights game, in Vancouver, was dullsville.

It was a 2-0 game for the majority of the game. The Vancouver Canucks didn't go all out, neither did the Ducks really go all out. It was what we consider a boring game were 2 teams played to stay "Healthy" Have your wife gone to the game 2 nights prior, it will be a different story.

I wonder what the atmosphere is like right now in Phoenix with them out of the playoffs. Half full statdium maybe?

Just love it when outsiders slam Rogers Arena. Funny how you mentioned "Canucks Arena"

"Possibly Luo's last game as a Canuck and the crowd doesn't even acknowledge his accomplishments and contributions.

Pretty lame,bordering on ignorant. "

a lot of people knew it might have been his last game. What do you want us to do? Ask him to skate around the rink clapping his hands and thanking him like he is retiring? Unreal.

The OP is not far off in his assessment. Last night's game may not be a good indicator of the crowd, but in general, specifically the lower bowl is very quiet. Even playoff games I find that after the initial rush of waving the towels, singing the anthem and the first five minutes of the first period the atmosphere disappears quite a bit.

The fans need to remember that they can impact the home games. Simply reacting to great plays by the Canucks is not good enough, we can create energy for the team to feed off of.

That being said, this only reflects my personal experiences at rogers arena, I have not been to other arenas in person, but on television they certainly come across as more lively.

Archived