The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks 3 @ Vancouver Canucks 1

The Magician

Interesting post game recap from Canucks Army: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/5/2/sharks-couture-take-game-1-and-home-ice-advantage-from-the-canucks

In general, I think these post game recap's always do a great job separating fact from fiction. They are impartial IMO, and give you a detailed look at which lines/players struggled/succeeded each game. They don't play favorites and they don't usually criticize without giving context. Great read for anyone looking to get a level headed analysis of the game.

Not usually something they do, but they critiqued AV and his matchups tonight. Sedins saw a heavy dose of Vlasic tonight, and he smothered them (only line who was outshot at even strength) - and only generated 1 scoring chance at evens. Yes, you read that right - 1 scoring chance. AV has home ice advantage, he had to get the twins away from Vlasic. He had to, and didn't. As we've seen year after yr, if you're best players aren't your best players - you're done. If AV can't do his job of getting his top guys away from Vlasic on home ice - I'm scared to see what it'll look like on SJS's ice. I hope it's an adjustment he makes for gm 2.

Interesting post game recap from Canucks Army: http://canucksarmy.c...rom-the-canucks

In general, I think these post game recap's always do a great job separating fact from fiction. They are impartial IMO, and give you a detailed look at which lines/players struggled/succeeded each game. They don't play favorites and they don't usually criticize without giving context. Great read for anyone looking to get a level headed analysis of the game.

Not usually something they do, but they critiqued AV and his matchups tonight. Sedins saw a heavy dose of Vlasic tonight, and he smothered them (only line who was outshot at even strength) - and only generated 1 scoring chance at evens. Yes, you read that right - 1 scoring chance. AV has home ice advantage, he had to get the twins away from Vlasic. He had to, and didn't. As we've seen year after yr, if you're best players aren't your best players - you're done. If AV can't do his job of getting his top guys away from Vlasic on home ice - I'm scared to see what it'll look like on SJS's ice. I hope it's an adjustment he makes for gm 2.

I am writing a Canucks Bandwagoner article tomorrow for CanucksArmy. Should be fun haha. I'm sure I can find some nice quotes in this thread. Does anyone want to quote one that is particularly, well, quotable?

^And yes, Thom's recaps are always great.

I am writing a Canucks Bandwagoner article tomorrow for CanucksArmy. Should be fun haha. I'm sure I can find some nice quotes in this thread. Does anyone want to quote one that is particularly, well, quotable?

Are you a moron? You blame those goals on Luongo... Give me a break! He was stellar all game. One of the goals he was completely screened another was a deflection off the defencemen, and the other was impossible for him to get to because he was being blocked from movement by 2 Sharks.

Im sick and tired of the team's loss going on Lu's shoulders. Without him making a dozen incredible saves, it could have been 6-1 based on chances. We dont have enough offensive power, and that's what did us in.

I thought I saw that as well but I turned the game off after that because of the BS the penalty tat lead to that goal was. Just now I went back and looked at the replay with a clear head. Lu has both hands trapped under the stick of a Sharks player. The guy falls on him slightly (which happens driving to the net, definitely nothing wrong with that), but then leans on his stick and pins Lu by the wrists so he can't move.

The rest of the game was actually surprising. Our 3rd and 4th lines really showed up and did a great job both with regards to scoring chances and hits. Kesler was also better than people seem to think. With Kesler on the ice, the shot differential was 9-2 for us. But the Sedins didn't do well at all. Contrary to the "didn't show up" sentiment, I'd say they were mediocre but the reffing was the difference. In a close game like this, handing a couple of PPs the other way and turning a blind eye to obstruction makes the difference and that's what happened. Basically, unless we truly dominate the Sharks, expect to lose which is frankly ridiculous but is the sad state of the league now.

quote me for truth buddy. just because we (I) look at the game with objectivity does not mean we are band-wagoners. Most of what I have read on CDC is game analysis; as in 1 game. And the facts are the Sharks were miles better in this game. So what is your point? Should Nuks fans pretend we did not see what we saw? The series is not over by any stretch, but the Nuks were dominated by the Sharks and that is cause for concern going forward.

Do the Nuks have another gear? They had better otherwise they will be blubber.

Are you a moron? You blame those goals on Luongo... Give me a break! He was stellar all game. One of the goals he was completely screened another was a deflection off the defencemen, and the other was impossible for him to get to because he was being blocked from movement by 2 Sharks.

Im sick and tired of the team's loss going on Lu's shoulders. Without him making a dozen incredible saves, it could have been 6-1 based on chances. We dont have enough offensive power, and that's what did us in.

The Canucks were built to be a skill team in a league that was leaning towards being a skill based league. Obstruction was getting called all over the ice and there was room to move. Then in the playoffs in 2011 the league decided to go back to the "anything goes" stye of refereeing. The Canucks core is simply not built for this kind of hockey and has become so frustrated with it that they are not even putting out the effort any more. What is the point in putting it all on the line to score, only to have the other team beat you into the ground and sit on your goalie while they score at will. The Canucks are trying to play that style of hockey now but they just are not very good at it, and the Sedins refuse to play that way. I could easily see the Sedins going back to play in Europe after their contracts expire, the skill level and money may not be as good but at least it isn't a goon show like the NHL.

i have to stress smart hockey..im not a pro player but played sports and if your looking at a scrum specially in front of the net look for a check..you have enuff guys in the scramble so you need to look around you in the case of a bad bounce..that goal reminded me of a 5 year old soccer game..a big battle with 4 players fishing for the ball and it squirts out as usual to an open guy..i have scored many goals like boyle..right place at the rite time.. the ffort is there but i think too many guys rite now have a chip on their shoulder..drop it and battle hard as a team...control the emotions and play smart hockey..you cant win by just smashing players..yopu ned to cause a reasonto smash them and then its a swing to the canucks as they play well when they get involved in very emotional tuff games..

The Canucks were built to be a skill team in a league that was leaning towards being a skill based league. Obstruction was getting called all over the ice and there was room to move. Then in the playoffs in 2011 the league decided to go back to the "anything goes" stye of refereeing. The Canucks core is simply not built for this kind of hockey and has become so frustrated with it that they are not even putting out the effort any more. What is the point in putting it all on the line to score, only to have the other team beat you into the ground and sit on your goalie while they score at will. The Canucks are trying to play that style of hockey now but they just are not very good at it, and the Sedins refuse to play that way. I could easily see the Sedins going back to play in Europe after their contracts expire, the skill level and money may not be as good but at least it isn't a goon show like the NHL.

First of all since when is pushing a penalty? Weise and kass! I seen much worse let go in playoff hockey cough 2011 finals cough and canucks were the better team! 4 posts they hit 0 sjs hit its a game of puck luck eventually skill over comes luck. Sjs 2nd goal they had a player blocking luongo from being able to get up back across if canucks sit back and watch this happen there going to lose, if refs aren't calling it return the favour to niemi get in his crease and interfere

Archived