The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sharks commentator's go on a tangent about green men. Likely virgins, and rain globe owners.

Stefan

http://youtu.be/wPdSRLNuvwM

http://www.buzzfeed....ted-by-virgin-s

At Monday's Sharks vs. Canucks NHL Playoffs game, hockey was being played, as per usual, when something else caught the announcers eye: two men in green suits. And let me tell you: the announcers eyes were CAUGHT.

Per Greg Wyshynski of Yahoo's Puck Daddy, the Green Men are regulars at Canucks games, and they spend most of their time tormenting opponents in the penalty box.

The two commentators launched into detailed and fanciful dressings-down of these guys, starting with:

enhanced-buzz-21441-1367506233-7.jpg

The speculation didn't end there. It got mean.

enhanced-buzz-9237-1367506470-8.jpg

And then it just got weird.

enhanced-buzz-19188-1367506644-2.jpg

Like... why snowglobes? What the hell even is a rainglobe?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19176-1367507502-2.gif

Heed this tale next time you think about putting on a green bodysuit.

These guys have their hate on for the green men.

I have no problem with the green men. They started a trend, other's have copied them with orange men and pink lady or whatever. I have no problems with it. the 40 year old virgin was damn funny though.

BTW, they are 2 elite hockey players. Of course not professional hockey players but they play recreation hockey at a very high level.

I love these guys and their creativity.. they keep bringing something new to every game. I hate people who bash creativity because they're too scared to try something new themselves.... and I hate even more the people who bash anything because it's for the opposite team.

I like how they bring up gamers as if it's a low life sad self esteem type.. Gaming is starting to become accepted in today's society and if their so called "upper class job" is more civil and higher than what the Green Men do for a living, then it just shows how idiotic they are. Such pretentious butthurt commentators.

I was watching the SJ feed last night, their comments were slightly humorous but it was funny how they got stuck on this. Just kept going on about it. I didn't have too much problem with their game calling (albeit it wasn't fantastic). These guys just reminded me of a SJ-version of Shorty and Garrett with less talent and slightly more homerish-leanings.

If they can afford those seats in that many playoff games, I think they are doing just fine.

Overall, though, I sometimes find them funny but not really caring about them. They get fans going and add some quirkiness to our stadium. Unless you are worried they are personally reflecting poorly on you, I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived