The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Cory Schneider's Performance in the 2013 Playoffs Change the Goalie Situation in Vancouver?

I have been and always will be on the Lu should be starter side and using him as a scapegoat is and always will be wrong. With that said he is going and likely nothing will change that.He has been treated unfairly by coaches, media and some fans who only view perfection as the only way this team will win.

Lu is not staying, it is sad but true.

For the playoffs, yes. We should stick Lu for the round. Schneider looked pretty sloppy all night like he was either rusty or still injured. But come next season, we stick with Schneids. Younger, Cheaper, and on a normal basis, better.

For the playoffs, yes. We should stick Lu for the round. Schneider looked pretty sloppy all night like he was either rusty or still injured. But come next season, we stick with Schneids. Younger, Cheaper, and on a normal basis, better.

Of course not. Schneider got thrown to the wolves by AV. Normally I'd be 100% behind starting Schneider. But when word got out that he still looked ill, and was 10 pounds lighter the decision looked very suspect.

Putting him in after 13 days without playing was questionable as well.

Absolutely. Not only did he throw Schneider to the wolves, AV pulled a similarly odd move last playoffs by emasculating Lou and giving CS the remaining starts, when it wouldn't have mattered who started.

AV is really the source of most of the Canuck's strife.

lou is the guy simple as that. game 1 and 2 prooven to us that luongo is a better starter worst move by AV ever.

and it comes back to game 2 with daniel throwing it up the middle and hansen missing the empty net if that woulda went in woulda been a hudge momentum shift in the series.

and who cares if schneider is younger and cheaper we need 1 goalie that knows hes number 1

and that is luongo. the team infront of lou cost them game 1 and 2 very bad turnovers and penalties...

Um schneider have the final say whether hes healthy or not... if hes not healthy.. then he shouldnt say hes ready just because he wants to play.. luongo was fine in the first 2 games of the series.. and because he wanted to play even though he wasnt 100% ready like some of you are saying.. then he have a serious me me mentality and not a team player.

And no u cant use rust as an excuse either.. he has been in full practice almost everyday since his injury except for 1 or 2 days.. backup goalie practice everyday and get thrown in every 6 or 7 games.. I dont see ppl use that as an excuse for them?

lou is the guy simple as that. game 1 and 2 prooven to us that luongo is a better starter worst move by AV ever.

and it comes back to game 2 with daniel throwing it up the middle and hansen missing the empty net if that woulda went in woulda been a hudge momentum shift in the series.

and who cares if schneider is younger and cheaper we need 1 goalie that knows hes number 1

and that is luongo. the team infront of lou cost them game 1 and 2 very bad turnovers and penalties...

The window to win hasn't closed. Holy jeeebs. THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING. These guys just got cold at the wrong time. It has been a weird year.

Guess what. The year before Boston won the Stanley Cup they blew a 3-0 series lead and lost to Philly. Should they have rebuild then as well??? LA barely made the playoffs last year and won the Stanley Cup.

It's all about who gets hot at the right time and catching a few breaks. Canucks have got 0 breaks this series. Also the reffing has been questionable at best.

Schneider is the future for this team and will continually give this team a chance to win. (Luongo would too but Schneider is currently cheaper and should still get better as a goalie.) He came in rusty and it showed. AV should have stuck with the hot goalie in Luongo...If we escaped round 1 he then could have went to Schneider if he wanted to with a fresh 0-0 series.

Oh come on. AV used the exact same tactic last year against the Kings, and it paid off. Luongo had been playing decent against LA. AV shakes it up and starts Cory, we lose but play an inspired game, game after that Cory wins. The reasoning is there. This team has often played better in front of Cory for whatever reason.

Get rid of one, doesn't matter who. It's not like we can win short-term with this team full of lazy cunts. Sedins show up for 3-4 shifts max every game, Kesler plays a good half game every once in a while. The only consistently good players this year have been Higgins and Hansen and unfortunately they just aren't skilled enough, nor do they get the ice time, to translate that into goals. This franchise needs a restructure. This core group of players simply refuses to play their hearts out even when everything is on the line.

My feeling is trade both goalies if you can, especially Cory not because I think Lui is better I just think he has good trade value. Regardless if Lui wants to stay or not the best move for this team is to move Schneider if it means good prospects back. Cory is not that young, if you are planning on doing a rebuild by the time the team is there he is in his thirties, goalies are not that hard to find anymore there are so many good ones out there always available. This team is so limited by players with NTC the GM needs to put every single player north of 25 with any kind of trade value on the trade block especially ones with out a NTC and I believe Schneider is the only one there with good value.

when gillis came in, a lot of people were hoping for a complete change, and obvjectivity.

what we got was someone who was afraid to make mistakes.

* didn't want to change the coach

* didn't want to make any significant "bold" moves

* no risk attitude: get free agents, but shy away from trades (might actually have to know what you are doing... oh ok, maybe that is a good ting).

on the positive:

* made the best out of what he had

* seems to have made the prospect pool a little better

* has signed a lot of players for below market value (ya, ya i know what you're thinking)

so... he is a good gm to get a team going from nothing, a total rebuild. but once he gets someone he is TOTALLY loyal, and won't make the hard choices to do what it takes to win a cup. Would you trade 4 first round picks for Chris Pronger and then win a cup? I don't think MG would...

Archived