The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Game 3

Strombone1

If we are going out why not try something different?

Split the Sedins (maybe they will shoot) bring in Gaunce, Schroeder, Ballard.

SEDIN - ROY - KESLER

RAYMOND - SEDIN - BURROWS

HIGGINS - SCHROEDER - HANSEN

LAPIERRE - GAUNCE - KASSIAN

HAMHUIS - BIEKSA

BALLARD - GARRISON

EDLER - ALBERTS

Guys I don't mean to kick Cory when he is down but he has to be held accountable. Lui got more criticism than him and he played two good games and a great short stint last night.

Cory took a performance out of Cloutiers Playbook last night.

May 8 2003 ... cloutier and nux vs wild for game seven. Almost ten years ago... ill never forget that game

One thing it had in common was it was a must win and our goalie choked for three goals in the third.

The failure for Canucks involves many things:

1. Fans are overestimated the ability of the team. I personally think they have many problems in many areas. NOt to mention here but as a fan, I would not admit it...and I think lots of fans wouldn't too. But all in all, it's not a team of contender at all based on the talents of the team as I have been following since 94. If you keep watching other team's game highlight, you will soon discovered that the overall KPIs of the Canucks are just slightly above average. Well, for regular season, it's ok as no team will give full power to play. But when play for real in playoff, one can tell the differences immediately. And the consequence will be .... when something goes wrong like this time, fans will yell fire this and that, trade this and that. Even if you trade half of the team and fire MG, AV, it wouldn't help. The winning formula is not who you fire/trade, it's about who you will get in return.

2. Just think about Canucks' rivals in NW division...Calgary, Edmonton, Wild and Colorado....one can't improve by playing much with these teams as they are not really good, not to mention the recent Oilers success on drat picks and its future.

3. talented players? it just doesn't work for a team as a whole. Take a look at Rangers then you will know.

TBC

What ever happened to this great team? Edler was always so steady with a great shot, now he's completely useless and lost. Sedins used to find the holes and let accurate wrist shots go, now they don't even take shots(AT ALL). Hamhuis used to make good plays and strong hip checks, now basic plays are difficult for him? Burrows try and sneakiness around the net are gone.

Raymond and Hanson used to have blazing speed with tricky shots, now completely invisible. Obviously Bieksa and Kesler are still injured and just don't have that extra power. They can't win a face off if their life depends on it, just because of not having Manny? I'm confused, someone explain this mess i've been looking at ?

Archived