The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bieksa says Sharks are Diving - Questions their "Canadianess" ***With Video***

I don't mind Bieksa coming out like this. Down 3-0, might as well try to stir things up a little. He's a veteran guy, and he knows how it'll play in the media, but he's willing to take the flak to make a point. He's stepping up for the team here. It may well have an impact on the series too. He's also not wrong, really, the Sharks did embellish. Bieksa's one of those guys who has earned his right to say something like this once in a while.

I know everyone hates "Dr." Recchi here, but he was a master at this. He put in enough time that he earned his right to speak openly to the media, and he used this to deflect attention and release pressure from his team. He's one of those guys who doesn't care what people say about him, and is willing to take the bad press to help his team any way he can.

I'm like some others here, I think Bieksa should be quiet and focus on winning.

YES the Sharks have been diving, YES the reffing is brutal. Going to the media and whining about it isn't going to accomplish anything, and it's just a distraction to getting the job done.

He does speak the truth but make sure to know miss the entire "truth":

http://www.csnbayare...outure-thornton

It was suggested to Bieksa that, well, the Canucks do that already. Ryan Kesler was slow to get up in the first period after taking a high stick from Patrick Marleau, drawing a minor penalty, and then coming out for the ensuing power play faceoff in the offensive zone. Players like Kesler, Alex Burrows and Maxim Lapierre don't have the greatest reputations when it comes to embellishing hits.

"Well, yeah, but it doesn't take away the fact it's happening from those two guys," Bieksa said.

Couture has been ridiculuos with all his diving. Although in game 3 The refs were more of a problem than the Sharks. Bad call on Weise, no call on Couture throwing a puck and no call on the Shark putting his hand over the puck in the crease

Out PP'd 17-7...really, its 16-6, when you take out the 3sec one each team had from the call against Hank from the faceoff circle. Of those, one of ours came from a puck flipped over the boards by the Sharks (automatic)...16-5.

We're not a great team. Any team, however, is going to look bad when they're out PP'd 3-1 every game.

I don't mind Bieksa coming out like this. Down 3-0, might as well try to stir things up a little. He's a veteran guy, and he knows how it'll play in the media, but he's willing to take the flak to make a point. He's stepping up for the team here. It may well have an impact on the series too. He's also not wrong, really, the Sharks did embellish. Bieksa's one of those guys who has earned his right to say something like this once in a while.

I know everyone hates "Dr." Recchi here, but he was a master at this. He put in enough time that he earned his right to speak openly to the media, and he used this to deflect attention and release pressure from his team. He's one of those guys who doesn't care what people say about him, and is willing to take the bad press to help his team any way he can.

Sure the PPs are skewed in favour of SJ and I am no fan of the refs in general, but much of this differential is the result of the Canucks. If you are always second to the puck, chasing the other team and generally out of position you almost certainly take more penalties.

I guarantee if the 'Nucks played a full 60 minutes and made the Sharks do the chasing the PPs would be more balanced.

It's lack of heart and confidence that is killing these guys. They are playing more 'not to lose' rather 'to win'.

I don't know if anyone remembers but the exact same think happened two years ago when they played them in the playoffs, only in reverse. It was the Sharks who were getting all the bad penalty calls against them and the Nucks were feasting on them.

He's kind of right. This year none of the guys (even Kesler) have been diving at all. It looks like they really made a concerted effort to take that out of their game. The Sharks have embellished a little bit on some plays and we're used to seeing very little tolerance from the refs when we do that type of thing. At 3-0 down though, it was bad timing and bad judgement to say anything...especially when the Sedins, Kes, and Burr all have some expertise in this area too.

It's kinda crazy when you watch the other games Leafs vs Bruins was reffed pretty well. When its the Canucks all consistency goes out the window. Things that wouldnt be called in a regular season game get called in a playoff game, things that were penalties before(throwing the puck hand on the puck in the crease) are not penalties anymore.

Out PP'd 17-7...really, its 16-6, when you take out the 3sec one each team had from the call against Hank from the faceoff circle. Of those, one of ours came from a puck flipped over the boards by the Sharks (automatic)...16-5.

We're not a great team. Any team, however, is going to look bad when they're out PP'd 3-1 every game.

bieksa has been one of the worst defencemen in the enitre playoffs not just on his team ..him and edler have been awful... and this is what we get from him... blame the refs... call the out the other team for having no integrity while sticking another man in the balls and use the word "we" when he should be saying ." I ". I have been terrible... I have been chasing the play the whole series.. i have looked lost infront of my own net every game not taking anyone or tying up any sticks.. I have been taking myself out of the play almost every shift along with turning the puck over in my own end... I need to be better..... thats all im interested in hearing from him and the rest of these excuse filled bums... i dont remember all these excuses when Linden was captain.... but since then we have heard excuses from both nazzy and henrik and crawford and AV and burke crying about the refs and MG crying about the refs.. but thats probably why most people on CDC love this team so much because they come up with the same excuses for them and consipiracy theroys of how the NHL is against us ... hell we even have a statue of a man complaining about the refs outside rogers arena....

Archived