The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelly Sutherland explanation for call on Daniel Sedin

J529

Why do people keep saying the Sharks would have won the series anyway? I am not so sure. The game happens on the ice, and the Canucks had their chance at a miracle comeback stolen. As for as I am concerned we have no way of knowing if the better team won.

To add to that

1) Of course the Sharks looked better, they spent the entire series on the PP

2) Credit to the Canucks for trying to battle through it. Unless you have played any sport at a high level you have no idea how those calls can affect your mindset.

I think the Canucks could have won this series even down 3-0 if the refs had stopped buying some of the most obvious dives we have ever witnessed.

I agree 100%, this guy deserves to be smacked around... But doing this will only infuriate him further to make worse and worse calls the next time we make the playoffs, not to mention give Vancouver an even worse rep as city. After the last unmentionable fiasco after we got eliminated in the SC final, I don't think we need that now do we? :mellow:

So playoff hockey for Daniel & Bieksa then, right?

Boychuk rode him into the boards then gave him an extra omph for good measure. Raymond was in a vulnerable position - don't defend it.

I'll show more examples later, but tell me he couldn't have put the brakes on and eased up without the extra jam into the boards here? If not, he needs one of those carts and to learn how to stop.

dJ6Wb.jpg

AqfEv.jpg

Look how far from the boards they are when this is initiated...don't tell me he had to jam him into the boards in that position...it was dangerous and it hurt him. Enough said.

Have players ever purposely shot pucks at refs?

They should just "dump" the puck in all game long and play target practice.

This would only infuriate the fraternity and we'll see massive calls against us next game.

Then we play the dump in "game" again.

Repeatedly do this until the refs are tired of getting stitched up and call a fair game.

If this throws our whole season who cares, it's not like we are going to ever win the cup with the reffing bias anyway.

So playoff hockey for Daniel & Bieksa then, right?

Boychuk rode him into the boards then gave him an extra omph for good measure. Raymond was in a vulnerable position - don't defend it.

I'll show more examples later, but tell me he couldn't have put the brakes on and eased up without the extra jam into the boards here? If not, he needs one of those carts and to learn how to stop.

dJ6Wb.jpg

AqfEv.jpg

Look how far from the boards they are when this is initiated...don't tell me he had to jam him into the boards in that position...it was dangerous and it hurt him. Enough said.

Archived