The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cheerios Commercial Featuring Biracial Family Sparks Racist Backlash

nuckin_futz

It's probably being overblown. The video still has a very healthy percentage of likes over dislikes and in many cases people tend to inflate the actions of a few to represent a larger scale than they truely do.

And personally I haven't had any bad experiences with interracial dating nor have I known anyone too. Most people I have known who don't do it usually just admit its because they are shallow and don't find a specific race attractive which isn't a big deal we all have our preferences.

I don't think it's that big an issue anymore and it's getting better but you will always have a percentage of people who always seem to take issue. This will likely still exist 100 years from now.

Keep in mind that these are YouTube comments we're talking about. The users can be entirely anonymous if they want to be and many of them are just there for quick laughs -- feigning racism is an easy way to get them. It's not a reliable reflection of society as a whole.

It's probably being overblown. The video still has a very healthy percentage of likes over dislikes and in many cases people tend to inflate the actions of a few to represent a larger scale than they truely do.

And personally I haven't had any bad experiences with interracial dating nor have I known anyone too. Most people I have known who don't do it usually just admit its because they are shallow and don't find a specific race attractive which isn't a big deal we all have our preferences.

I don't think it's that big an issue anymore and it's getting better but you will always have a percentage of people who always seem to take issue. This will likely still exist 100 years from now.

Archived