The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Big Rap Album Day- June 18, 2013

CanuckofSteel

3 new albums are being released from 3 rap/hip hop artists.

Yeezus- Kanye West

Born Sinner- J Cole

Watching Movies With The Sound Off- Mac Miller

These 3 albums are huge for rap fans. Kanye West's album has gained a lot of hype, while J Cole and Mac Miller albums are still in the background.

My question is which album are people on here interested in and which do you like the most? Also which tracks do you like the most from each album?

I personally downloaded all of the albums and gave all of them a listen.

1. Born Sinner

2. Watching Movies With The Sound Off

3. Yeezus

Born Sinner >>>Yeezus and I dont listen to wack miller lol

Yeezus was a huge dissapointment. When I heard the first song I was like WTF is this? It was so bad, I thought it would get better but it was more of the same. Only songs that I thought were good was Blood On The Leaves and Guilt Trip. I thought all the beats sounded the same and were f'n horrible except for on the 2 songs that I liked.

Born Sinner was dope. Villuminati, Trouble, Runaway, Let Nas Down and the Mo Money interlude were my favorite parts off of the album

I don't honestly recognize any of those names nor do I recognize it as rap or hip hop. Glorified top 40 Real rap isn't heard on the radio and I lost interest after Dre's last hidden song. It's all kinda sad now. I miss bands likes Tribe and singles like RZA. Lil Wayne being called rap is almost offensive. Kanye is an artist though so I will check him out for sure

I'm a Ye fan but Yeezus is fracking terrible. He either needs to go back to his roots or just hang up the mic entirely as it seems the shelf life has expired.

Also a J. Cole fan but not overly impressed with Born Sinner. A few good tracks but I won't be buying the entire album. It's too bad, I was really hoping for a bunch of new tracks to dissect.

I'll check out the Mac Miller, OP, and get back to you.

Wow Yeezus is terrible.

Not a huge Kanye fan to being with, but he has made a handful of songs I like.

There wasn't really any song on that album that I will find myself listening to again.

Just finished listening to Watching Movies With the Sound off.

On par for Mac Miller, just a lot of good chill songs.

I'm a Ye fan but Yeezus is fracking terrible. He either needs to go back to his roots or just hang up the mic entirely as it seems the shelf life has expired.

Also a J. Cole fan but not overly impressed with Born Sinner. A few good tracks but I won't be buying the entire album. It's too bad, I was really hoping for a bunch of new tracks to dissect.

I'll check out the Mac Miller, OP, and get back to you.

Archived