Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Report] Canucks NOT Expected to be Active in Free Agency - Raymond, Lapierre, Alberts Likely Gone Too

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#61 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

A part of me is devastated to hear that Lappy won't be back but another part is hopeful that we can start building back up our rapport with the refs.

This.

Any way it goes there will be both positives and negatives about Lappy re-signing or leaving.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#62 Ohnoeszz

Ohnoeszz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

I think they'll go hard after Boyd Gordon. His faceoff and defensive ability will be a huge draw for Gillis who obviously valued Manny enough to give him 2.5 with a NTC. He'd be huge for our center depth and 4th line. I think he would allow Schroeder his place on the team as well. Something like:

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.750m) / Dale Weise ($0.677m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($0.851m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Joacim Eriksson ($0.925m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,418,611; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $806,389

I am betting Jensen makes the team. I think he's ready and he would look excellent next to Kesler/Burrows as he plays a 2-way game while adding offensive skills that compliment those two. Kassian and Hansen are interchangeable for any time Kassian's play falls off.

Burrows can always be moved but I think he would instantly make Kesler more accountable to playing team based offense instead of feeling he has to do everything on his own.

Booth doesn't have the brain for the second line. He has the size and speed to be a weapon on the third playing with a playmaking C. Schroeder needs size and a net crasher on his line. This seems like a good fit for both players. I think Horvat's offense would benefit greatly from another year in junior. Gaunce, I think is a possibility if they are ready to move on from Schroeder, but I wouldn't give up on Schroeder quite yet. That decision should wait until we see him this year.

We may have to replace Alberts, but I didn't have any Dman in mind so I left 1.5 as a placeholder. Lack could be up instead of Eriksson as well, but who knows really.

#63 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

I think they'll go hard after Boyd Gordon. His faceoff and defensive ability will be a huge draw for Gillis who obviously valued Manny enough to give him 2.5 with a NTC. He'd be huge for our center depth and 4th line. I think he would allow Schroeder his place on the team as well. Something like:

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.750m) / Dale Weise ($0.677m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($0.851m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Joacim Eriksson ($0.925m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,418,611; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $806,389

I am betting Jensen makes the team. I think he's ready and he would look excellent next to Kesler/Burrows as he plays a 2-way game while adding offensive skills that compliment those two. Kassian and Hansen are interchangeable for any time Kassian's play falls off.

Burrows can always be moved but I think he would instantly make Kesler more accountable to playing team based offense instead of feeling he has to do everything on his own.

Booth doesn't have the brain for the second line. He has the size and speed to be a weapon on the third playing with a playmaking C. Schroeder needs size and a net crasher on his line. This seems like a good fit for both players. I think Horvat's offense would benefit greatly from another year in junior. Gaunce, I think is a possibility if they are ready to move on from Schroeder, but I wouldn't give up on Schroeder quite yet. That decision should wait until we see him this year.

We may have to replace Alberts, but I didn't have any Dman in mind so I left 1.5 as a placeholder. Lack could be up instead of Eriksson as well, but who knows really.

We need center help so if the Canucks go with a kid in the lineup it would be Gaunce/Lain/Horvat before Jensen and I like Jensen, sad but its a positional need.

#64 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

Too bad about the A Train.....the other two can beat it.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#65 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

I for one am happy we will not overpay for free agents and will actually use our prospects next year :towel:
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#66 In the Slot

In the Slot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

It's going to be hard losing Lappy.

I don't get how we sign Weiss and Tostito and get rid of Lappy. Don't sign those two idiots and keep lappy and put him on the wing with Lain then. Ridiculous.

Our leader in hits and we let hime walk when we don't play physical enough - sound familiar? Torres...2.0

I am really tired of MG 'hoping' these retreads do their job. Guess what MG, Tostito is too slow, can't fight, can't hit. Weiss skates real fast and doesn't hit anything but the boards, thinks he's a scorer and you keep them?

MG is ret arded.

Edited by In the Slot, 04 July 2013 - 06:15 AM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you can't win an argument, correct the grammar instead"
- Internet Troll Handbook Chapter 1 pg 23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Especially if the Kassian's are 6'3'' mountain men with missing teeth and cool tattoos and the Hodgson's are short legged weirdos with politician parents" - Hansen36

#67 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

If any of us made as many mistakes at our jobs as mr gillis has made in his , we would be fired .. not only should mike be punted , but the aquilinis should sell to a vancouver group that cares as much about winning a cup as they do about making a profit . this ownership group is classless ..

#68 In the Slot

In the Slot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

I don't think it is really any worse than last season honestly, we still have great goaltending, the blueline is the same, forward group isn't really any different aside from not having Lappy.

yes and how did we do last season?

MG is not addressing the issues he has.

Booth needs to go because he is eating up cap space and does not play to that value. That 4 million can be used to at least fill out the 3/4 better so that we have depth.

Sedins / Kassian
Burr / Kesler / Jensen
Higgins / Guance / Hansen
Hendricks / Lappierre or Gordon / Nystrom

Instead we have a 3rd line with a short center and a 4th line of plugs. Teams get deep in the playoffs because of size up the middle and a tough 3/4

higgins / schroeder / hansen won't get it done in the playoffs, as a group too small. Play hard but not big/physical enough to match up against a Kopitar, Toews, Marleau, Thornton, etc. And THAT's what we need from our 3c. That takes hard minutes away from Kesler.

I'm betting on Gaunce being ready but at worst he has size and can play physical, that matters. I'd take a good faceoff guy who weighs 215 and is 6'2 in that role any day. He just has to play hard and he can be more effective the Schroeds. Schroeds is a top 2 line guy. If he's not there, he's wasted. So get him on the wing with Kesler or move him. He's also bookended by two good defensive players so it becomes a "line" that has to play hard defensively vs just the center but at least the size aspect is there.

4th line is plugs right now. MG needs to wake up, and there's talk lappy won;t be back, wow that's great, our leading hitter when we don;'t hit enough

"Especially if the Kassian's are 6'3'' mountain men with missing teeth and cool tattoos and the Hodgson's are short legged weirdos with politician parents" - Hansen36

#69 mrhopeless

mrhopeless

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

"Trade Booth as a cap dump to a team with a good amount of cap space..."

- tell us who would want Booth and his contract. I can't think of a single team.

#70 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Trade Edler for Connolly+Brewer+2nd rd pick.

Sign Iginla with the +35 bonus'. Sign Hendricks for around a million. Everyone else that we sign(except for Tanev & Weise) gets no more than 600 grand/year.

#71 In the Slot

In the Slot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

"Trade Booth as a cap dump to a team with a good amount of cap space..."

- tell us who would want Booth and his contract. I can't think of a single team.

Islanders they are short of the floor right now

Edited by In the Slot, 04 July 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#72 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

You can't be put on waivers if your injured.

I was wondering when someone would point that out. I don't see any big moves coming. The keys to Van's up coming season will be Edler (2LD)- Booth(2RW)- Schroeder(3C). They all have to have great seasons for the Canucks to have any success. If Booth is cleared medically in October he could be moved to free up some space.

#73 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

I don't get how we sign Weiss and Tostito and get rid of Lappy. Don't sign those two idiots and keep lappy and put him on the wing with Lain then. Ridiculous.

Our leader in hits and we let hime walk when we don't play physical enough - sound familiar? Torres...2.0

I am really tired of MG 'hoping' these retreads do their job. Guess what MG, Tostito is too slow, can't fight, can't hit. Weiss skates real fast and doesn't hit anything but the boards, thinks he's a scorer and you keep them?

MG is ret arded.

So you know how to do their jobs better than them, the qualified professionals?

And bypassing the swear filter with cheeky alterations doesn't make you look tough.

#74 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Always impressed with Lappy come playoff time.

Need a winger with Booth and Kes.

Kassian is not a first line winger when he can barely hold the fourth line position.

#75 cbdoubleu

cbdoubleu

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Lappy is a good guy, but he's only valuable in short stints as a guy who comes in to a team to add another dimension of annoying. He's not an every day player and his antics are old news for teams playing the Canucks. Raymond is another guy who has been a good Canuck but he's not going to be the 20-30 goal guy he was hoped to be, and eventhough he became a well rounded player, we have guys in the system that should be able to do more in that role with that kind of ice time wether that's an AHL'er ready to take that step, or Higgins/Hansen. Even a mythical healthy Booth is an improvement there.

A snake bite emergency kit is a body bag - Mitch Hedberg

#76 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'm OK with letting Yappy Lappy go, but Gillis is still on the hotseat here. If he can trade Booth to a team that needs to get to the cap floor, like Boston did last year with Thomas, and then sign Iggy, or another top six UFA, then there's hope, but I doubt this will happen.

What teams need to get to the cap floor and what is the cap floor this year?

#77 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Anybody just hear that big noise???? The window of opportunity just slammed shut.

#78 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Anybody just hear that big noise???? The window of opportunity just slammed shut.

is that what that was? I thought it was the sound of 1000 cdc cry babies like yourself.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#79 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Booth needs to go. Overrated and injury prone. What an idiot Gillis was acquiring this clown and his huge contract. He's useless. Money he's taking up, could be used so much better elsewhere.

Your constantly spewing venemous hate does nothing to lend itself to any level of credibility ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#80 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Now is the time for Gillis to pull off his promised bold moves, which is really a joke. If he can do something with Booth and perhaps a deal with the Flyers for Edler, then we might be OK, but this isn't even close to being realistic. Right now we are betwixed and between, in that by the time our youth is ready to step up, the twins, and possibly Kesler, will either be gone or on the decline. This all began with the cody trade in which we brought in a player who was years away when we needed to win now. We're now at the point where we're half win now and half win in a few years and the two don't go together. The sum of the mistakes is now taking it's toll.

#81 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

When a team begins icing rookies in a forward fashion it is because they screwed up on their cap,not because they want to.

The American Hockey League is where young men ply their trade before they take a veteran's spot.

The Canucks have never had four lines that can score and hit,never mind two.

The Twins are getting older and a second scoring line is essential for this team's chances this year.

#82 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

When a team begins icing rookies in a forward fashion it is because they screwed up on their cap,not because they want to.

The American Hockey League is where young men ply their trade before they take a veteran's spot.

The Canucks have never had four lines that can score and hit,never mind two.

The Twins are getting older and a second scoring line is essential for this team's chances this year.

would you like fenchcrys with your wambuger?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#83 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

would you like fenchcrys with your wambuger?

How many goals did the Canucks score last year vs Calgary or Edmonton?
Both of them did not even make the playoffs and the Canucks could not win a single game.
Many juveniles will be cwying in their Canucks jewseys ,wondering what went wong.

#84 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Booth and a young asset like Schroeder for a 2nd (Islanders)
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#85 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

How many goals did the Canucks score last year vs Calgary or Edmonton?
Both of them did not even make the playoffs and the Canucks could not win a single game.
Many juveniles will be cwying in their Canucks jewseys ,wondering what went wong.

omg we didnt win the regular season series against the oilers last year? better jump of a building! Maybe one day the canucks will have 3 straight first overall picks. ..not

Edited by Gooseberries, 04 July 2013 - 08:40 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#86 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

omg we didnt win the regular season series against the oilers last year? better jump of a building! Maybe one day the canucks will have 3 straight first overall picks. ..not

2012/2013 Northwest Division GF (goals for):
Calgary 128
Vancouver 127
Edmonton 125
Minnesota 122

The Canucks finished 7th in the Western Conference scoring category last year and tied for 4th in points.
In 2011 -2012 the Canucks finished first in Western Conference scoring(249) and finished in first place.
In 2010-2011 the Canucks finished first in Western Conference scoring(262)and finished in first place.
In 2009-2010 the Canucks finished first in Western Conference scoring(272)and finished in third place.

Edited by nuck nit, 04 July 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#87 John Garret's moustache

John Garret's moustache

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'm sincerely asking this, so don't take it in the wrong way, but I really want to know- why don't we just use our second CBO on Booth?

Edited by John Garret's moustache, 04 July 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks to Vintage Canuck. for the sick Zeppelin sig!

#88 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

2012/2013 Northwest Division GF (goals for):
Calgary 128
Vancouver 127
Edmonton 125
Minnesota 122

why dont you post goals against tough guy?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#89 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

It's really a shame that Booth is still injured. Buying him out would be huge. I say trade the guy for whatever you can get. The cap space is too important right now.

Lappy and Alberts are two guys I would love to see back. Raymond, Weise and Sestito should have all been gone. Higgins as well. He's overrated here and has no business being on the 2nd line.

Ps. Booth - Schroeder - Hansen looks like a pretty dirty line.

Edited by CookieCrumbs, 04 July 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#90 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

why dont you post goals against tough guy?

Because we just lost the better goalie with our veteran not wanting to play with the team so it is kind of useless.

Besides,being ventilated in goals against in the playoffs last year and the year before and not being able to score enough goals in the SCF's should have given you your first three clues.

The problem with this team has been scoring goals in the playoffs and we are now seriously faltering in the regular season with goals for as I researched and laid out for your highness.

Now we have a goalie situation and this team always won a disproportionate amount of games with Luo/Schnieds - despite our lack of goal scoring.

Edited by nuck nit, 04 July 2013 - 09:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.