The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adrian Dix Steps Down (6 months to late)

Warhippy

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-down-1.1859145

B.C. NDP Leader Adrian Dix has announced his resignation as party leader today in Vancouver, following the party's surprising defeat by the Liberals in the May provincial election.

Dix said he accepted responsibility for the election loss and felt it was in the best interests of the party for a new leader to take over.

“Since our defeat in the election on May 14, I have reflected both on my future as leader of the B.C. NDP and on the future of our party.

"That we fell short on election day is my responsibility as leader," said Dix.

“It has become clear to me that the best interests of our party mean that I need to step aside for a new leader, who can lead us to victory in 2017

Dix said he intends to stay on as the party leader until a new leader is selected sometime in 2014.

----------------------------

The irony about him staying on until 2014 is that because of Christy Clark's grueling work ethic....he probably won't even sit in the house as it won't be in session.

36 days in a calendar year they've worked under Clark....Bravo at an average of $75,000 a year each per MLA

Sorry bub, the BC NDP don't have anymore duds, only up and comers. Sadly the Libs will hold on to their old boys club,

I am by the way thrilled you like this BC Liberal/Socred/Alliance/Reform party so much. So much that you enjoy them only working 30+ days in a calendar year on your taxdollar.

Things will change once you're old enough to vote.

Then feel free to stay in your zone of hatred and ignorance.

If you wish to speak of poor attitude and nonsense, look no further than your own snide and cynical posts. While you're at it, examine how it feels to be a petty poster who needs to put others down.

Sorry bub, the BC NDP don't have anymore duds, only up and comers. Sadly the Libs will hold on to their old boys club,

I am by the way thrilled you like this BC Liberal/Socred/Alliance/Reform party so much. So much that you enjoy them only working 30+ days in a calendar year on your taxdollar.

Things will change once you're old enough to vote.

This is the problem with these political threads. Instead of discussion, it always degenerates into the anti-government faction using it as a platform to air out the same tired complaints about Clark/Harper...

FTR Hippy, the HST was a good thing for BC. Scrapping it was one of the dumbest things the voters of this province has ever done.

This is the problem with these political threads. Instead of discussion, it always degenerates into the anti-government faction using it as a platform to air out the same tired complaints about Clark/Harper...

FTR Hippy, the HST was a good thing for BC. Scrapping it was one of the dumbest things the voters of this province has ever done.

I'm not a Liberal supporter (would never vote for them!), but to say that they're only working 30 or 36 or however many days in the year is misleading and a mischaracterization of the facts. That number is accurate as to how many days they're sitting in the legislature. MLAs work far more than that, though - they have constituency offices and are wrapped up for the rest of the year dealing with issues arising out of their constituency and also government issues that don't require sitting in the legislature, like committees and that sort of thing.

So, to say that MLAs only "work" when they're actually sitting in the legislature reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of the role of a politician. The same goes for Federal MPs - they work a ton, whether or not they're actually sitting in the House.

(source: I know an MLA decently well, and I was also very well acquainted with a Federal MP who was in office for 13 years before retiring before the last election)

Archived