The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Record After the First 20 Games?

Peter Gunn

I'm sorry but there's no way .. 7-12-3 sounds realistic. Burr is out, we only play 3 lines, no secondary scoring and Daniel will most likely average .2 shots per game. I find it sick that a player like Hansen has to carry this team and when we lose we blame it all on luongo.

The Sedins have been going downhill for a while now we need a rebuild. This is clearly NOT our year and keeping the same boys would limit the young guns we have in the juniors and the ahl. I'm tired of finishing in the middle. Win a cup or rebuild it's as simple as that. Build the team around Kesler and burrows. Lack will learn a ton under luongo, so would erikkson. We need a SUPERSTAR and a team full of 8 foot bullies.

I'm sorry but there's no way .. 7-12-3 sounds realistic. Burr is out, we only play 3 lines, no secondary scoring and Daniel will most likely average .2 shots per game. I find it sick that a player like Hansen has to carry this team and when we lose we blame it all on luongo.

The Sedins have been going downhill for a while now we need a rebuild. This is clearly NOT our year and keeping the same boys would limit the young guns we have in the juniors and the ahl. I'm tired of finishing in the middle. Win a cup or rebuild it's as simple as that. Build the team around Kesler and burrows. Lack will learn a ton under luongo, so would erikkson. We need a SUPERSTAR and a team full of 8 foot bullies.

:picard: sedin dowhill you must miss the Oiler game........3 assist for henrik go cheer for the laughs

The best thing about this season is there may be nothing "usual" about it.

Like slow starts or crippling injuries, all bets are off with the different system Tort's is playing to the way Loungo has matured and focused on proving he is a top goalie.

Lou wants to be the guy who wins back to back Olympic gold medals and that guy is better than he was 2-4 years ago.

It may some time to see how the systems in place work against the best teams. San Jose seemed to figure it out but we did seem to revert to the old hang back system once they started scoring.

All in all it has to work better than the old system once everyone gets on the same page, keeping the system breakdowns to a minumum.

With all the travel and Kassian and Schroeder and now Burrows out I would have been happy with 8-10-2.

My hope and prediction is; 12-6-2

Who cares if you finish in the middle if you make the playoffs and come out with the Stanley Cup

Otherwise, our comeback against the Flames on a back-to-back night was a good sign, but it boils down to how we play against playoff teams.

Presuming that Torts might be the spark that this team needs to start on the right foot, Two more loss between playing the Devils up to the back-to-back game with the Blues, which will also be a loss. Then another streak all the way to the Ducks. + 2 SO loss.

14-4-2

If it's gonna be a typical October...8-9-3, probably overly hopeful considering new systems. Doubtful we'd break .500

5-10-5 Five shoot-out losses. With the first two lines loaded up, we don't have a third line - and the Sedins will be ineffective after the first two periods.. Without Corrado, we sure as heck don't have a third line of defense - not that Tortorella would use them.

On the date you posted that I would have agreed. But that 3rd D pairing has impressed me a lot! We might be in better shape on the back end than we thought coming into the season.

Took another look at the sched. THIRTEEN of our first 20 games on the road..gonna be tough.

We're at 3W & 3L now. It's not bad considering we've trailed in every game, (at one point or another). We need to grind out some ugly 2-1, or 3-2 defensive wins. Hopefully Lu will warm up & steal a few.

Also should be nice to get back Kassian, Schroeder & especially Burrows. All considered, would be happy with .500 after the first quarter-season.

Man, I think we'll come out with about a .500 record. But what has been stated above is true. The Sedins' ARE on a decline and we need to either go all in or rebuild. Rebuild looks like a more viable option at the moment, and who knows? With our young stars and a lot more cap space with the Sedins gone we could still make the play-offs. Sure the Sedins' have a couple good games but it's usually against a defense of Edmonton's Caliber lately. I can't entirely blame the Sedins' though, they've done more than Kesler who's done nothing against except edmonton. (worst GAA in leage btw) We need four lines and our first and second lines never seem to show up on the same night.

Archived