The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo now 16th in NHL History for Wins

JustNazzy

and stats do not reflect game to game consistency. If you play goal, you'd understand that,

Au contraire mes amis. I am a goalie, and I do know that some times you have bad games and more often than not, you play your best... Hence why, a good goalies stats will be much HIGHER than the games that he played poorly BECAUSE!!!

You take the average of all his games and it shows what level he CONSISTENTLY plays at, here's a small example of SV% averages, basic math really.

.917, 1.0, .908, .887, .920, .901, .936, .919, .90, .956

add those all up to equal 9.244, you then divide that by 10(the number of numbers you added up) to = .924%

Despite him having a few mediocre games, a few great games and 1 sub par game, the stats show, on average, what the goalie consistently plays at over a 10 game pace.

You don't decide whether or not a goalie is good or not off of 1 series, or 1 game or even 1 season, that's called being band-wagoner

He's going to be top 10 in 2 seasons, and top 5 in 3.

But this also means he's getting old.

All-time records are great accomplishments and indicate consistency in great play throughout many years, but not a reflection on the goaltender's current status in the league as an elite puck-stopper.

Lui still has 3-4 years of really good hockey left in him, so I'm not too worried. But boy, he's had a heck of a career.

4 years of 35 wins a season average, and he'll be #3

356+27(needed to reach 35 this season)+35+35+35=488 Supplanting Belfour at #3

I guess you just like to ignore the fact that with the current OT/SO situation that Lou could be lowered by 10 spots easily as of now compared to others that didn't play in the current era. He's just behind Vachon who has 127 ties. How about Barrasso that has 86 ties or Moog that has 88? How about Belfour (4 Jennings, one Calder (lol), 2 Vezinas and a Stanley cup) ? He's played ~200 more games and has ~ 130 more wins (65 % winning %) and has 125 ties?

Just a heads up, don't even bother talking to this guy. I haven't seen him address or respond to someone in over a year except maybe 1 out of 100 times. He spouts off without thinking then leaves. Your points are valid though.

Lou can have a 1.25 GA in one game and 3.75 the next...it averages 2.50....but underlines inconsistency....

:o

You dare say that a Goalie.... in the NHL, can have a shut out 1 night...and then...possibly still lose the next game?!!?

PREPOSTEROUS!

If a goalie that got a shut-out one night and then got lit for 3-4 goals the next night was still in the NHL, we'd....

Probably still have the same goalies in the NHL today that we currently have...

You really don't understand the reason/meaning of averages and career statistics do you?

Averages show you the consistency of a bunch of numbers that, individually and spread out, have very little meaning.

If any NHL goalie was playing for the Canucks, they'd have the same measure of success.

Really smurf? Pathetic comment as usual.

Vancouver was the goalie graveyard until his majesty Roberto Luongo came to town. But yes... luongo had nothing to do with it... ummm cloutier, potvin, auld, etc just had some bad luck?

And yes I called him majesty just to annoy u further for annoying me with ur lackluster comment that makes me want to end my life.

Really smurf? Pathetic comment as usual.

Vancouver was the goalie graveyard until his majesty Roberto Luongo came to town. But yes... luongo had nothing to do with it... ummm cloutier, potvin, auld, etc just had some bad luck?

And yes I called him majesty just to annoy u further for annoying me with ur lackluster comment that makes me want to end my life.

Maybe not "your majesty", but sir Lou does have a nice ring to it. :)

Ok so you play rec hockey at 25 yrs of age, means you weren't good enough to get anywhere except the JDF arena !! No where did I mention 10 or fewer games only an example to prove that high and low games indicate Lou's inconsistency game to game Like him if you wish.....hes not my first choice . End of story

Ok so you play rec hockey at 25 yrs of age, means you weren't good enough to get anywhere except the JDF arena !! No where did I mention 10 or fewer games only an example to prove that high and low games indicate Lou's inconsistency game to game Like him if you wish.....hes not my first choice . End of story

Shattered my shoulder and had my forearm rebuilt as well actually, and I was not privileged enough to afford to play hockey after I moved out at 17, but you know random shots at people you don't know is always fun ;).

The point I was making that you completely missed is, if you judged Goalies by the fact that they let in 4 goals 1 game and 1 goal another, and called that inconsistency, you would hate every goalie in the NHL. Every goalie ever has been lit up and the STATS show that Luongo lets in, on average 2.5 goals per game. This proves that night in and night out Luongo can be depended upon to give his team a chance to win, so long as they can score 2-3 goals per game. Some night a goalie will let in 7 goals, others he'll get a shut-out, such is life. You can't always be perfect.

My forearm pre-surgery

250884_10151875676190655_392929806_n.jpg

Oh, and who would your first choice be? Because I'm pretty sure Schneids(sorry I love you too) has been shelled for 5, and so has Lundqvist. I've seen Quick get shelled by Chicago as well... So I guess you hate em all.

After 2007 Luongo has been the definition of inconsistent in the postseason. People will point to his 2 SCF shutouts and call a "hater" like myself crazy, but they will conveniently forget about the 20 goals he allowed in just under 4 games.

Since the 2007 playoffs in which Luongo was magnificently consistent, he's been sporting an overall playoff GAA of 2.75 and Sv% of .908. Unless he gets traded to the 2009 Penguins or 2010 Blackhawks then he wont have any chance at a cup unless he somehow improves or reverts to his 2007 self.

We may as well give up Riviera, they don't get it. Its like trying to teach calculus to a grade 3 student(like 5 hole)

Well if it makes you feel better, I feel that you are an uneducated fool who knows nothing about hockey yet loves to talk a big game. I have destroyed everything you have presented and your rebuttals are insults. That makes you a troll, and your opinion on this board is that of a cows.

After 2007 Luongo has been the definition of inconsistent in the postseason. People will point to his 2 SCF shutouts and call a "hater" like myself crazy, but they will conveniently forget about the 20 goals he allowed in just under 4 games.

Since the 2007 playoffs in which Luongo was magnificently consistent, he's been sporting an overall playoff GAA of 2.75 and Sv% of .908. Unless he gets traded to the 2009 Penguins or 2010 Blackhawks then he wont have any chance at a cup unless he somehow improves or reverts to his 2007 self.

You love to berate this goalie with the Boston series which you love to forget how he won Vancouver 3 of 7 games with 3 absolutely stellar performances which in turn had 2 rather shabby performances. I would also like to add, Luongo only let in 3 goals in game 7, not 4.

You and many others put asterisks next to his achievements and blame the entire teams failure on the Luongo so you feel better about for cheering for a team that is under achieving... It's always easy to blame in on person and ship them out rather look at the entirety of the issue and take the time to figure it out. It helps ease your small minds to only focus upon 1 persons short comings rather than 23 + coaching staff.

The fact is, Luongo is great or else he wouldn't have the career stats that he does. He wouldn't make the saves that he does, and he sure as hell wouldn't be considered to represent Team Canada in the Olympic Games.

Both of you need to re up on your hockey education or go back under your bridges.

And for the record,

Averages do represent game to game consistency...that is EXACTLY what they represent.

We may as well give up Riviera, they don't get it. Its like trying to teach calculus to a grade 3 student(like 5 hole)

I don't get what you 2 are trying to achieve by hating Lu...Clearly your lover Schneider got dealt and Luongo is our goalie, so are you guys not cheering for the team anymore? Were you upset and not happy last game after beat the leafs? I'm confused tell me what state of mind you guys are in.

I don't get why Lu is so polarizing.

So much hate, but from an uninformed minority of stupid people, and it just URKS the Lu supporters.

Thus an entire thread of bickering back n forth.

For the record, as crazy fanatical as he is.. Apollo is right, Van was just as bad if not worse than Philli. Goalie graveyard, than Lui came to town.

We have had consistent dominating goaltending from Lu ever since and now we are developing goaltenders! I can guarantee that Lu was instrumental in Schneids development. And he will be in Lack's as well, maybe even Eriksson and Cannata one day too.

No matter what happens, #1 to the rafters.

and I'm surprised to see Luongo is only

3 conn smythe, 3 vezina and 4 stanley cups behind Roy

Considering the teams Roy played on Cloutier could have a couple cups in there... Those Avs teams were pretty legendary, Canucks aren't in that class of team even the 2011 team wasn't Patty Roy's team. And not to mention Luo played for a pitiful Florida team for years. Hindsight is a beautiful thing bud.

Archived