The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Not only that, but Sony took away local and LAN media playback. The PS3 was basically a home theater PC that would play anything you threw at it, from photos and videos and MP3s on a USB stick, to streaming DLNA over the network, to playing TV shows and movies from a shared network folder. You could even use the PS3 to browse your holiday snaps on the biggest and best screen in the house. But not anymore.

It's just a pure gaming machine, for now. Although if there's enough flak going Sony's way, I'm sure they could add some of the stuff they've taken away with simple system updates at some point.

For now I'm sticking with my PS3.

I have to agree that streaming HD movies from your PC to your PS3 is such an amazing future.

The one thing that I still find crazy is where you can just check out what your friends are playing. Watch a live stream of what they're doing, then it gives you the option to jump right in with them.

Or just check out live streams of anybody who's streaming their gameplay. There's a ton on there.

Seems like an awesome way of checking out a game to see if you want to buy it.

yea very cool feature, although i wish you could go full screen on the game footage. maybe there's a way and i just didn't spend enough time to figure it out.

Picked up my PS4 at the midnight launch on the 15th. It was at the EB Games in Coquitlam and there were about 120-150 people standing in line. They only had systems for those who had pre-ordered and no extras.

The PS4 has been great so far. Been playing Assassins Creed 4, Flower, Resogun, Contrast and Battlefield 4. (all digital)

Can't wait to play NHL 15, infamous Second Son and some of the PS3 ports on the PS4. (GTA V hopefully)

Went to the Future Shop in Scott Road today and was surprised to see copies of NBA Live 14 on PS4 for sale a couple days early before release. Too bad that game is terrible lol.

That games looks terrible, EA should just give up on NBA games.

So far I have barely touched Killzone: Shadow Fall, having way too much with NBA 2k14. Although I tested out bots on Shadow Fall and the game looks amazing, it is a good way to get a hang of the maps and guns. Started MyPlayer on 2k14 as a PG and I just hate that Ellis guy that you play in the showcase, also got drafted by the Utah Jazz.

I played a lot of it tonight with my brother. I'm not as impressed with the graphics as other people seem to be, but I am certainly going to buy one eventually. Just want a better game selection.

I love the controller though. Significant improvement from the ps3 one.

Finally I got my PS4 to connect to the internet!

Played lag free on ghosts. Loving the dedicated servers.

Trying to figure out how to turn off auto-renewal now.

Turning off auto-renewal after entering your visa information for your 30 day free trial? It's quite easy. I'm not near my PS4 right now so I don't know the exact details but it was under settings then either PSN or account settings.

Anyone know when the 2nd shipment is?

I heard it's going to be after Christmas. Because there were two pre-reserve phases, 1 and 2. The people who got on the first one in June/July got their PS4's on Friday. People who were in phase 2 (august/september) aren't expected to get theirs until January.

Turning off auto-renewal after entering your visa information for your 30 day free trial? It's quite easy. I'm not near my PS4 right now so I don't know the exact details but it was under settings then either PSN or account settings.

Thanks! Although I couldnt find how to turn it off, I saw my billing info so I just deleted my credit card.