The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

Never trust a refurbished machine. Not even from a 'trusted' retailer. I was once told by an Amazon rep that their 'refurbished' kindles are basically the old machine patched up with a new unscratched cover. Not worth the gigantic risk at $300, better to go for $500 and know you're getting the working goods.

Never trust a refurbished machine. Not even from a 'trusted' retailer. I was once told by an Amazon rep that their 'refurbished' kindles are basically the old machine patched up with a new unscratched cover. Not worth the gigantic risk at $300, better to go for $500 and know you're getting the working goods.

I've got a 2006 2nd gen 360 refurbished in 2008. I still have it today and it has a ton of mileage. I got it from Microsoft directly though, not a retailer.

I've got a 2006 2nd gen 360 refurbished in 2008. I still have it today and it has a ton of mileage. I got it from Microsoft directly though, not a retailer.

I had a refurbished iPhone, which was utter trash and even Apple admitted they shouldn't have sold it in the condition it was in. They gave me a new one after that, for free. A friend of mine bought a refurbished Kindle and Amazon stiffed him; when my ancient one stopped charging, they offered me a hugely discounted one - that's when they told me how pointless refurbs are.

I think if you want to go down the refurb route, you HAVE to get it directly from the manufacturer. I wouldn't trust ebay as far as I could spit tbh.

Ya I agree. I did get it from the manufacturer after my initial 360 red ringed. I've had 360 since launch and that's the only one that broke and it was for the best cuz it didn't have HDMI lol. I didn't want a refurbished one but that's what MS sent me. No complaints on it anymore.

Starting June 9th, Xbox One will cost $399.99 and will not include Kinect

Games for Gold and Discounts for Gold (50-75% Off Forza, Ryse) begin in June

Apps like Netflix will no longer require Gold.

http://majornelson.com/2014/05/13/delivering-more-choices-for-fans/

That was the entire reason I might've switched to PS4, because although my friends are all on XBL, I didn't want to pay an extra 100 bucks for something I'd never use. Now I don't need to worry anymore, this is great.

That was the entire reason I might've switched to PS4, because although my friends are all on XBL, I didn't want to pay an extra 100 bucks for something I'd never use. Now I don't need to worry anymore, this is great.

Yup! I know a few people in the same boat as you. They didn't wanna go PS4 because we all play on XBL together. Now the friends I have who didn't want Kinect will get the X1 no problem.

Now in Canada, the XBO is 399 and PS4 is 449.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul

Canadian dollar not as good as it was before so I dunno. All game still expensive as f**k tho.

Ya 70 a game is damn robbery. I feel like I'm making a major purchase with Watch Dogs. I guess time will tell with the price but I already have my Xbox so it doesn't effect me.

Ya 70 a game is damn robbery. I feel like I'm making a major purchase with Watch Dogs. I guess time will tell with the price but I already have my Xbox so it doesn't effect me.

If you pre-ordered from Futureshop or Best Buy, price match using Amazon.ca price. They sell the game $10 less and I bought MLB 14 for $59.99 from Future Shop price matching.

If you pre-ordered from Futureshop or Best Buy, price match using Amazon.ca price. They sell the game $10 less and I bought MLB 14 for $59.99 from Future Shop price matching.

Hmmm i pre-ordered it at EB Games but I can always cancel that. Interesting idea, thanks for the tip!

70 dollar games end up being 81 bucks with 3 dollar game play guarantee. 81.75 effing dollars?!

Edited by VancouverCanucksRock

70 dollar games end up being 81 bucks with 3 dollar game play guarantee. 81.75 effing dollars?!

I know it's insane. Honestly, I don't see the point of the $3 guarantee on either the PS4 or XBO. Both systems require a hard install to play and the disc is only for verifying. Also, Xbox is now blu-ray which is near indestructible. Really just don't see the value on $3 guarantee this gen.

I know it's not really a way around the price, but I feel like I spend less, even though I don't. I usually pre-order my games in advance, and I put 10-20 cash on them, so when I buy them I don't spend 80 at once.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul