The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Pool

canuck2xtreme

I actually believe that Finland has a very decent shot at doing well this time out....could they crack gold? Perhaps.

Not saying they're out of it, and they could win, but losing out on Koivu is a big blow. They'll need a Herculean effort from the goaltenders, and they didn't look great early.

Some medals will come our way today as AUS has three ladies in the finals for Women's Aerials...GB has a Great Woman who just set the track record for Sochi in Skeleton and is in the finals, and CAN has 2nd place after the short program in Men's Figure Skating. Hard to swallow but I have confidence in my Finnish Men's Hockey program to bring me a medal.

Of the 60m people in our country, 31m are 40 and over, and another 13m are under 16. That leaves us with 16m age-possible Winter Olympians. Of those 16m, 9.5m claim benefits, 5m are morbidly obese, and 1m are disabled and potential Winter Paralympians.

That leaves is with 500,000 potential athletes, take away the lazy, stupid, and generally rubbish at sport, and you're left with the guy in the office next to mine and his girlfriend.

hahaha +1

I am going to show my wife the line "shame I am English" as it should be worth a good laugh....she is busy these days renewing her maroon coloured passport, as yes, she too is English. We figure it is awesome that she and I can live and work anywhere in the EU due to our parents nationalities. Well worth keeping up the citizenship status. Her cousin recently sold her flat in London and moved to Scotland as she put it "Scotland, despite being full of Scotts, is the only place you can get a decent chippy these days without it reeking of curry".

I laughed at the totally racist undertones at each end of that statement.

My father was English , when i started travelling OS he suggested that i get a british passport , we found out that because i was adopted i was unable to obtain one. This infuriated my father and brought up issues i had with my adoption , it added to the sense of shame and rejection i felt at that time of my life in regards to my adoption.

Of the 60m people in our country, 31m are 40 and over, and another 13m are under 16. That leaves us with 16m age-possible Winter Olympians. Of those 16m, 9.5m claim benefits, 5m are morbidly obese, and 1m are disabled and potential Winter Paralympians.

That leaves is with 500,000 potential athletes, take away the lazy, stupid, and generally rubbish at sport, and you're left with the guy in the office next to mine and his girlfriend.

never forget Eddy the Eagle ::D

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Seemoz-eddie-the-eagle.jpg

Two matches left for the Women of Finland, Germany, Japan and Russia, the first game of the two are tomorrow morning and then the morning of the 18th to decide placing 5th/6th and 7th /8th in the Womens Tourny.

For Hopefuls USA/SWE/CAN/SUI the next game is Feb 17th to decide seeding for both the Gold Medal game and the Bronze medal Game.

SO a total of 2 games left for all our ladies hockey players...I did manage to snag 3 points out of the extra game, badly needed three points at that. AUS and USA also snagged a point out of the extra seeding game. Strategic backfire though? Now my Swedish lady, Pernilla Winberg has to face the US Team and is unlikely to produce points in the first of the two remaining games.

Going to a game of Hockey this evening , my first game in long time am really excited , a buddy of mine from Kelowna married an aussie girl and moved here , he is a goalie ,and he just got back from NZ where they lost the tournament in the final in a shootout..

It will be Lachies first game of hockey , he is not quite 1 yet. :)

Going to a game of Hockey this evening , my first game in long time am really excited , a buddy of mine from Kelowna married an aussie girl and moved here , he is a goalie ,and he just got back from NZ where they lost the tournament in the final in a shootout..

It will be Lachies first game of hockey , he is not quite 1 yet. :)

Hope you had a great night :)

Michelle Karvinen with another goal, get in my beautiful Finnish star :wub:

And Michael Grabner, what a star.

So we know that Sweden, The USA, Canada and Finland have bye's to the Quarterfinals. The rest will play qualifyers and if its best vs worst the order is this:

Russia

Swiss

Czech's

Slovenia

Austria

Slovakia

Latvia

Norway

And the Matchups will be:

Russia VS Norway

Switzerland VS Latvia

Czech Republic VS Slovakia

Slovenia VS Austria

If this is in fact the playdown order, I think Austria could beat Slovenia and SLovakia has a decent enough chance to upset the Czech team. Russia and Switzerland are in the Quarterfinals though unless something goes horribly wrong in their games.

Hope you had a great night :)

Michelle Karvinen with another goal, get in my beautiful Finnish star :wub:

And Michael Grabner, what a star.

Had a fantastic night my friend.

To hear the sound of puck on stick , guys banging theirs sticks on the ice , some solid hard checks made me wish i was out there playing.

Got to see the last period of a national youth league game , the quality of their play surprised me , some of these kids had really good puck handling skills and a real turn of speed.

After 2 periods my friends team was 6-0 up and he had made some really good saves , i mentioned the word shut-out to him at the intermission should have kept my mouth shut , the other team piled the pressure on in the 3rd and the final score was 7-3.

Lachie was stoked with his first game of hockey , he was waving his arms around and was very vocal .

After the game we had dinner with a bunch of canadians , was SO good to be able to talk hockey with people who are as passionate as i am about it.

After the Men's Round Robin our standings are at:

GB: 34

CAN: 32

AUS: 28

FIN: 21

USA: 20

Interestingly enough if you take away the medal winning points this game is too tight to call, and there are plenty more medal points coming up!

I have had a ball playing this game , i never really expected to win i am really stoked on my teams performance in these games.

In regards to Lydias performance in the final many sports commentators {wankers} are criticising her tactics in the final , saying she should have chosen to do a technically easier jump nailed it and scored enough to get the gold , they do not get that she wanted to do something that no woman had ever done before , that it was not just about winning but upping the ante , pushing the limits of what a person can achieve , she has my undying admiration and respect for this.

Archived