[Lebrun Speculation] Canucks Ready for Re-tool

Blueberries

Insider trading

Canucks start at 2:08

http://www.tsn.ca/vi...=72&show=285106

Lebrun-

• Gillis knows Nucks cant win this year
  • Still want to be contenders every year
  • Sedins only untouchables(guessing on NHL roster)
  • Looking to get younger
  • Wont make any trade for rental
  • Only trade they will make is for a prospect
  • Not giving up on season though
  • Edler may be traded after Olympics

Note:

This does not mean a rebuild. Nothing close to what Calgary is going through. Just a re-tool meaning adding young guys, but still being able to contend for PO. Like what DET has been doing since Yzerman retired.

In my opinion this is like Christmas morning. We don't have to become the Flames. If we get fair value for our players we will be loaded with young talent for possibly the next 10yrs.

If the 're-tool' has begun, I applaud Gillis. It will be sad to see some guys go but when young guys start coming into the line-up the future will be so bright it will blind people

Sedins the only untouchables? As much as I hate to say it, our best bet would be to trade them while they still have value. Two of the greatest players in franchise history, but their time has come.

I'd also say Gillis should hold on to Kassian, Tanev and Stanton. Kassian is finally emerging in to the player we all hoped he would be, it would be a mistake to trade him now.

WOOHOO! FINALLY GILLIS! You get some love here if you pull it off. As critical as I've been of him if he does this and starts rebuilding now, I take back things I've said about him. This team needs to start now and they know that they need to get younger which is awesome. Can't wait till our first top 5 pick to pick a superstar this team needs for the new era of Canucks.

Archived