The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rebuild Confirmed

1SportsLover1

I am writing this for those that may have missed it. The panel of ray ferraro michael johnson and james duthie and ward said vancouver is open for business , kesler edler bieksa anybody teams want and as I have been saying for months ray just said, we can do a real fast rebuild and get young and fast and dominate. I will say one more time , when u admit the rebuild and sell high you can do it 100x faster. load up on picks and blue chip prospects and is 2 or 3 years we will be ready to compete.

"when u admit the rebuild and sell high you can do it 100x faster. load up on picks and blue chip prospects and is 2 or 3 years we will be ready to compete."

Twins, Burr and Booth up next. Retain 1 mill in salary for the twins. Let's get this on.

excellent move by gillis...

im one of his biggest haters/critics. And he botched the Schneider trade.

but he did what was needed to be done with Lu.. his time here was over.

he was a distraction, Was old, had a monster contract, didn't want to be here, and extremely whiny/entitled

Good riddance, time to move on

This Market can't handle a rebuild.

I can handle a rebuild quite easily. I am already pleased about moving woe is me Luongo out of town. If anyone else isn't interested in sticking around and has a NTC, they better be knocking on MG's door tonight and surrendering that clause too.

you seriously under estimate the hockey knowlegde of this fan base ..people might not like it .. but they know its necessary .. the reason for the communities apathy is not how many wins or losses we get .. Its how we've been treated by ownership and management ... gillis has been a condescending ass who has proven he's not as smart as he thinks he is ,,,,and the aquilinis have done nothing but rape us .... we deserve better and we are voting with our wallets ... not because we are fickle but because were too smart to be screwed anymore ..

the last time we were in rebuild the team was almost bankrupt and relocated...

face it, the fans in this market can't handle a rebuild, not because they love the sports too much, but because they dont watch hockey when the team isn't a winner.

They dont watch the game out of love, they watch it because it's a cool thing to do. This is the major differenc between fans in vancouver than fans like toronto or edmonton

I am writing this for those that may have missed it. The panel of ray ferraro michael johnson and james duthie and ward said vancouver is open for business , kesler edler bieksa anybody teams want and as I have been saying for months ray just said, we can do a real fast rebuild and get young and fast and dominate. I will say one more time , when u admit the rebuild and sell high you can do it 100x faster. load up on picks and blue chip prospects and is 2 or 3 years we will be ready to compete.

I agree. Show edm how to rebuild properly. Trade kesler and edler for youth and picks. Get a high draft pick this year then be set to become an elite young team with the twins for mentorship etc. I'm excited and I honestly can't believe gillis was able to trade loungo to Florida. Happy for Lou as well. Pretty happy with the return as well cuz markstrom could still pan out and Mathisas gives us depth at center.. Good start gm mg and if u pull off a couple more moves then the Canucks will have done a reset in a matter of one season!! Possible two

If Gillis plays his cards right we'll be contending by the beginning of next season. Certainly there will be far less drama around this team.

Define contending? Drama..... there wasn't any drama that I had witnessed, at least after we traded Cory. Which hmm... we should have just waited less than a year, so we could have gotten the same exact deal, we got today.

Archived