The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

18 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah but they don't play for a Canadian team especially the one they're playing against lol.

I'm going to the game this Saturday and I'll be wearing the away teams jersey :ph34r:

Edited by Xbox

I guess Jays are looking for a 1B :wacko: 

The Toronto Blue Jays have reportedly made an offer to free agent first baseman Ji-Man Choi.

As we count down towards the start of spring training, you’re going to read about the Toronto Blue Jays being linked to any number of players. However, we can almost guarantee one name you didn’t expect them to be connected with, was Ji-Man Choi.

However, that’s exactly the case, as the Blue Jays have reportedly made an offer to Choi. As per The Korean Herald, the news was confirmed via Choi’s agency, GSM.

The Herald went on to write 13 clubs have made offers to the 26-year-old, including the Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox and his previous clubs, the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Angels. It is assumed the majority — if not all — of the offers are minor league contracts.

https://tipofthetower.com/2018/01/01/toronto-blue-jays-ji-man-choi-offer/

36 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nice lol well be careful in that arena! 

Any name on that Jersey?

I'll be ok lol. 4th game in the ACC this season for me. I'm going with my buddy who also likes the Canucks. 

I desperately need a new one. Don't laugh, but Kesler.

Hosmer gets a serious offer from KC

JD Martinez gets a serious offer from BOS

...and here we are doing absolutely nothing. Ross Atkins 'Things will heat up next week' ended up being all talk. What a shocker.

We're going to finish 3rd in the AL East and only that high because two of our division rivals are smart enough to engage in serious trade discussions to sell.

Edited by Xbox

7 hours ago, Xbox said:

Hosmer gets a serious offer from KC

JD Martinez gets a serious offer from BOS

...and here we are doing absolutely nothing. Ross Atkins 'Things will heat up next week' ended up being all talk. What a shocker.

We're going to finish 3rd in the AL East and only that high because two of our division rivals are smart enough to engage in serious trade discussions to sell.

Shi Davidi wrote a pretty good article on this today on SNET. It won't make you feel any better about the Jays' upcoming season, but it will give you some insight into Shatkins' thinking. (if you could call it that)

The one thing that opened my eyes was his assertion that the Cards have cooled on Donaldson. (Davidi thinks they were shooting for a bargain) Also, all of the trade conversation has the opposition asking for Vlady Jr, or Bichette, (or both) so that's a non-starter.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:23 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Shi Davidi wrote a pretty good article on this today on SNET. It won't make you feel any better about the Jays' upcoming season, but it will give you some insight into Shatkins' thinking. (if you could call it that)

The one thing that opened my eyes was his assertion that the Cards have cooled on Donaldson. (Davidi thinks they were shooting for a bargain) Also, all of the trade conversation has the opposition asking for Vlady Jr, or Bichette, (or both) so that's a non-starter.

That's what scares me. Not much room to improve the team via trade :( 

On 1/4/2018 at 10:43 PM, Xbox said:

That's what scares me. Not much room to improve the team via trade :( 

Definitely no room for improvement....

Report: Blue Jays acquire Solarte from Padres

The Toronto Blue Jays acquired infielder Yangervis Solarte from the San Diego Padres, according to a report from Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports.

The return is not yet known.

The 30-year-old Solarte played 128 games with the Padres last season, posting a .255/.314/.416 slash line with 18 home runs and three stolen bases while splitting time between second base, shortstop, third base, and the occasional game at first.

Solarte is under team control through the 2020 season and is set to make $4.12 million in 2018.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1462065

(Updated) Who Jays gave up.

In exchange for the veteran infielder, the Padres received outfield prospect Edward Olivares - the Blue Jays' 18th-best prospect, according to MLB Pipeline - and minor-league right-hander Jared Carkuff.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Definitely no room for improvement....

Report: Blue Jays acquire Solarte from Padres

The Toronto Blue Jays acquired infielder Yangervis Solarte from the San Diego Padres, according to a report from Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports.

The return is not yet known.

The 30-year-old Solarte played 128 games with the Padres last season, posting a .255/.314/.416 slash line with 18 home runs and three stolen bases while splitting time between second base, shortstop, third base, and the occasional game at first.

Solarte is under team control through the 2020 season and is set to make $4.12 million in 2018.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1462065

This move was clearly made to match the Stanton trade by the Yanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

Holy sh** the Astros just traded for Gerrit Cole...

Rumor is it was a false rumor.

Report: Pirates, Astros have 'no deal' for Cole

After a deal that would send Gerrit Coleto the Houston Astros seemed imminent, the Pittsburgh Pirates are reportedly not yet trading the right-hander to the defending World Series champions, according to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports.

The Astros and Pirates have "no deal," according to Passan's source, who went on to call it a "false rumor," despite the trade seeming to be close, per Jon Morosi of Yahoo Sports.

Although a trade isn't done, "it could still happen," according to Mark Feinsand of MLB.com.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1463201

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Rumor is it was a false rumor.

Report: Pirates, Astros have 'no deal' for Cole

After a deal that would send Gerrit Coleto the Houston Astros seemed imminent, the Pittsburgh Pirates are reportedly not yet trading the right-hander to the defending World Series champions, according to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports.

The Astros and Pirates have "no deal," according to Passan's source, who went on to call it a "false rumor," despite the trade seeming to be close, per Jon Morosi of Yahoo Sports.

Although a trade isn't done, "it could still happen," according to Mark Feinsand of MLB.com.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1463201

Welp... that sucks. I wanted to see Houston beat NYY again.

This trade was reported everywhere as well. Can't believe it didn't go through.

Sabathia just took a jab at Toronto and it's kind of funny I think, I would be a little more upset if this management made a good team but they haven't so the comment doesn't bother me.

Sabathia returned to Yankees to 'be on the best team' in AL East

For a brief period, it looked like longtime New York Yankees southpaw CC Sabathia was on the verge of signing with another team. He reportedly metwith the American League East rival Toronto Blue Jays days before agreeing to a one-year deal to put on pinstripes again.

On his podcast, "R2C2" on the Players' Tribune, Sabathia said he couldn't imagine trying to pitch to the Yankees' barrage of bats.

"No. Absolutely not. And that’s why I wouldn’t have gone to the Blue Jays. If I’m going to be in the East, I’m going to be on the best team," Sabathia said. "I’m not coming to Yankee Stadium and getting my ass kicked."

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1464732

• Cheers 1