The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things to do in Vancouver

henrikownsall

Hey everyone, need some help...

My relatives from HK just arrived and are here for the next couple weeks. They've planned to go for a 4 day trip to Banff and a couple days in the states, but other than that, what else is there to do in Vancouver?

This isn't the first time they've been here, so they've been to the Vancouver landmarks like Stanley park, Granville island, etc.

What kind of interesting/unique places here in Vancouver do you think would be good places to visit? It can be anywhere in the lower mainland. Thanks for your help! :) much appreciated

aprils a good time to check out the cherry blossom festival. going to lonsdale quay and checking out the market is a good stop too, or check out any random flyer you see downtown for any shows within the granville strip. i like going to local pubs that host live shows, prefebly live jazz shows. i don't really go for the food, but the ambience and i love jazz music

Livevan.com

It is a site that lists and the live music going on for the day. It is amazing. There are tons of shows so you prob won't know who the bands are, but just look a bit, pick a genre and do it! I've found some amazing local bands by going to random shows u see on livevan.

Also a comedy club is always fun. Comedy mix, lafflines, yuk yuks. They are all good.

Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver is pretty stunning and a fairly easy walk.

Of course there's plenty of restaurants to choose from. Hawksworth would definitely be a good choice if they want west coast cuisine.

Again depending on age and such renting bikes and riding about town is always good.

On that same topic the Chief is a pretty awesome day hike as well.

Archived