The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Crosby For...

Mackinnon has potential to be better than Crosby. Crosby is ALWAYS hurt nowadays. I agree Crosby is better than Ovi, but if you think it would take Mackinnon, Barrie, and 3 1st's, then lmfao.

I think you might over estimate Mckinnon. Kids gonna be good, but Crosby when healthy is the best player on the planet. I hate the guy but don't let your dislike blind you to facts.

Trading for Crosby isn't worth it. No matter how you slice it he is worth too much. You can only draft players like this. Or get lucky in FA.

it's cool that Mackinnon won the Calder but you do realize that Crosby put up 102 points in his rookie season right? Mackinnon will not be better than Crosby. Crosby is a generational talent and I do not see Mackinnon consistently putting up 100 points a season

True....but don't forget, Crosby had a Lemieux... MacKinnon has?

Not arguing but imagine what MacKinnon could do with a solid mentor.

That being said....seriously some of those proposals wow.

Sedins Horvat Shinkaruk +....

What do you think Crosby can get from EVERY OTHER NHL TEAM. I'm not good at proposals and assume certain players waive Ntc and whatnot. No ( no reason for trade comments). This is purely on value ATM and forgot about cap.

(+) could mean from anywhere from draft pick to player

Anaheim: Getzlaf,Silfverberg ++

Boston: Lucic, Bergeron ++

Buffalo: Myers,Reinhart,Grigenko +

Calgary: Monahan,Bennett +++

Carolina: Lindholm,E.Staal,Fleury +

Chicago: Toews +

Colorado: Duchene, Landeskog,MacKinnon +

Columbus: Johansen,Murray,Jenner +

Dallas: Ja.Benn, Seguin,++

Detriot: ,Nyqvist, Jurco,Tatar,+++

Edmonton: Hall, RNH, Eberle, +

Florida: Barkov,Ekblad,Huberdeau+

LA: Doughty,Kopitar +*

Minny: Parise,Suter,Vanek +

Montreal: Pac, ellers,Subban +*

Nashville : Weber, Jones, ++

New Jersey : The whole team

Islanders: Tavares, Strome,Hamonic +

Rangers: Stephan, Krieder, McDonagh+

Ottawa: Turris,Karlsson,Ryan, ++

Philidaphia: Giroux,Schenn,Schenn,Simmonds

San Jose: Couture, Thorthon,Hertl+

St.Louis, Backes,Pietrangelo,++

Tampa: Stamkos, Hedman

Toronto: JVR,Kessel, Bozak,++++

Vancouver, Sedins, Horvat, Shinkurak, ++

Washington: Ovechkin

Winnipeg : Kane,Ladd,Trouba ++

Lol ovechkin has the same value as Crosby !!!!! Lol haha haha

And stamkos could trade straight up for Crosby but that's about it

I think you might over estimate Mckinnon. Kids gonna be good, but Crosby when healthy is the best player on the planet. I hate the guy but don't let your dislike blind you to facts.

Trading for Crosby isn't worth it. No matter how you slice it he is worth too much. You can only draft players like this. Or get lucky in FA.

I don't dislike Crosby. As a Canadian I love him.

it's cool that Mackinnon won the Calder but you do realize that Crosby put up 102 points in his rookie season right? Mackinnon will not be better than Crosby. Crosby is a generational talent and I do not see Mackinnon consistently putting up 100 points a season

That's where the 1st rounder comes in to compensate for the slight difference in points. Mackinnon and say someone like Nick Jensen who was drafted in the late 1st, for Crosby.

Did you even think before making this or did you just think if a team packaged their best players for Crosby it would work? Those trades would never happen...

wow u are always so negative you should change ur name to sour grapes. the guy gave us a read and clearly asked what we thought and he stated he wasnt great at this so cut him some slack. I for one hate trading stars cuz you always always overpay. if a trade like that were to happen ill use the nucks as an example it would be something like imho henrick jake or bo ,demko and prolly 2-4 1st round picks a huge overpayment but the pens would only trade him if they were going in a diff direction henrick would slide into the 2nd spot. i dont see daniel going for 2 reasons cap issues and the fact he is basically a playmaker who score 25-30 with 50 assists not a 40 plus guy if the nucks were to do this trade, like the poster said assuming all waived ntc it would be a deadline deal where benning thinks we have a chance at the cup in that season. but would cripple us going forward unless we flipped him the next year and robbed some team blind and all of are other prospects end up becoming top 6. then it wouldnt be so bad especially if it was bo who went over jake cuz in 4 years we may have to move some anyway if bo gaunce vey mcann and cassels all defied the odds and became top 6 there would be no room. after writing this im suddenly really excited to play nhl 2015 on my ps4 in 5 weeks lol. one final thing id rather have stamkos or duchene and nate over crosby

Right now, at this point in time - most of these deals would be ridiculous for Crosby. Four or Five years ago (if the same players existed in the league then) than yes maybe - but currently Crosby is not the same player he was. Injuries and life have changed him. For the last two seasons Crosby hasn't looked the same, isn't as dominant and for the first time he strapped on is regularly challenged by opposing players (he isn't toying with them anymore).

For everyone who watched the Olympics you know what I am talking about.

I think you are over valuing Crosby and under valuing other players. While the only way to get Crosby would be gross over payment, this is what I believe would be fair value trade.

Vancouver

Sedin Sedin 2nd for Crosby

That's two 70 to 90 point players for 1 100 point player

Washington

Ovechkin 2nd for Crosby

Crosby is a whole league above Ovi, what's the point of scoring 50 when just as much is going in when way more is scored when you're on the ice.

NYI

Tavares 2nd/prospect for Crosby

Ana

Kesler Getzlaf for Crosby

Shut down centre and a tough scoring centre, maybe swap out getLaf for perry.

Sis

Couture Pavelski Hertl/1st

Buffalo

Reinhart Hodgson 1st

LA

Doughty Kopitar

Boston

Bergeron Rask

Chicago

Toews 2nd or Kane 1st

Edmonton

Scrivens Hall Draisaitl Schultz 2nd