The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-NSH

Hansen can score, no? So can Jensen. As for PK, they were 25th in that category. Clearly you know about how good their PK unit is. Throwing random stuff isn't going to work bud.

20 points isn't exactly a lot especially compared to why Forsberg could put up. Don't know what your talking about with random stuff but you were the one saying Nashville needs scoring and the D is fine.

20 points isn't exactly a lot especially compared to why Forsberg could put up. Don't know what your talking about with random stuff but you were the one saying Nashville needs scoring and the D is fine.

I think almost everyone can agree this trade will have a positive impact on Nashville's offense, as well as special teams. I highly doubt Forsberg alone will have a bigger offensive impact than Hansen and Jensen combined. Not to mention they have a surplus of centers. I'm not really going to carry this argument any longer since you will simply shoot down everything I say in order to backup your word, but nice try.

I think almost everyone can agree this trade will have a positive impact on Nashville's offense, as well as special teams. I highly doubt Forsberg alone will have a bigger offensive impact than Hansen and Jensen combined. Not to mention they have a surplus of centers. I'm not really going to carry this argument any longer since you will simply shoot down everything I say in order to backup your word, but nice try.

You win a 2.5 million dollar inconsistent winger and a solid prospect can get you one of the best prospects in the league. Don't get me wrong I like Hansen but he barely has any trade value right now and Forsberg has a lot more value than Jensen (he was ranked to be top 5 in 2012).

Pretty sure anyone with a non-biased opinion on the Canucks would agree with me.

Nobody is going to downgrade prospects for a 3rd liner. If the Preds want Hansen they would make an offer for him separately not put up one of their best young players. No one is saying Forsberg is a sure bet to become a 1st line player but he has the potential to be a much better scorer than Hansen (something that the Preds desperately need *scoring*). Jensen is a nice prospect that might end up a decent top 6 forward but Forsberg is the more surer bet and they aren't going to downgrade prospects to add another 3rd liner. Its clear that when you decided to make this proposal you were only thinking about this from the Canucks point of view. Gally has already posted the Preds lineup and I don't see any reason why they need to add Hansen to that.

Its like if the Canucks needed a 3rd line center and I offered Shaw + McNeill for Horvat. Would you be interested in a deal like that? Probably not because you have higher hopes for Horvat than downgrading him for McNeill just to fix a hole in the lineup. Sure Shaw would have a much higher impact than Horvat would next year but what about the year after or in subsequent years?

Nashville won't do this, period. More of what they have in spades for a highly touted prospect that gives them a possibility to increase their necrotic offense. They have one of the best D's and goaltending in the league - offence has being and will be their next focus and they won't do anything that threatens this. Forsberg is 20, and was the main piece they wanted in trading Erat to Washington, unless they don't believe in him anymore no way this trade happens.

Ok you can stop throwing that crap around. We get it. You believe every player out of the top 6 has fungible value, so I'll leave it at that.

Not every bottom 6 players.

Many are young and have potential to be quite a bit more, or are still exceedingly cheap.

But Hansen is what he is, destined to be an energy bottom 6 player. He's not a bad player, just "fungible" when it comes to trade value. In an number of years, if he's lucky, he'll be "Higgins". And still fungible.

You don't get elite prospects without giving up real value. Not fungible value.

Archived