The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-CBJ

Canucks lack speed on the back end. And we need it sooner rather than later. I don't think any Dman in our draft range can step into our lineup in a year or two. I think we should look at a guy like Mike Reilly. He's been great in the NCAA so far. Could fit nicely in our lineup after 1 year in Utica.

VAN

Hamhuis

2015 1st

CBJ

Mike Reilly

Kerby Rychel

2015 2nd

2015 3rd

I think we can get a late 2nd for Higgins, and another pick in the top 90 by trading one of our goalies.

Thoughts?

why would we give up our pick when we could just pick a Dman in the first round?

Same reason why we traded forsling for clendening. That first round pick might not be in our lineup until the 2019-2020 season, whereas Mike Reilly could be on the Canucks as soon as 2016

Same reason why we traded forsling for clendening. That first round pick might not be in our lineup until the 2019-2020 season, whereas Mike Reilly could be on the Canucks as soon as 2016

To be fair I don't know much about Reilly, but is he really worth a first in a good draft?

I'd rather keep the pick and draft a D man. In fact I'd rather package Fox and another player with that pick and move up in the draft tbh.

Really, throwing in Vey and Pizza made you change your mind?

4 scrap pieces for a young superstar first line centre. Not happening

no

no

if anything it'd be adding something like baertschi and burrows and taking back clarkson

I guess that obvious sarcasm went over both of your guys heads lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived