The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, chon derry said:

hes a good guy good sense of humour. hope he's doing alright. anyway shaky i read that you lived in rupert were you a dj here?

Yes...I worked at CHTK back in 73 to 75...it was my first station...had a good time there.

Just now, chon derry said:

your old station is a hi end steak and seafood restaurant know 

I loved working there..its been a long time and I have forgotten many things...when I was there they built that mall right across the street...I had a lot of firsts in Rupert...it was very good place to learn..

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

I loved working there..its been a long time and I have forgotten many things...when I was there they built that mall right across the street...I had a lot of firsts in Rupert...it was very good place to learn..

i went to booth with, 2 brothers ,there father worked there maybe your their dad lol

Blue Northern was pretty big back in the late 70s,,,Lee Stephens  former bass player for The Seeds of Time and Ray O"Toole from The Northwest Company were members...also joined by the late Billy Cowsill...loved Billys stuff...even going back to The Cowsill days and The Rain..The Park and Other Things..

9 minutes ago, chon derry said:

It's funny how my local pub experiences keep coming up tonight but when I lived in North Van Billy Cowsill's band The Blue Shadows used to play this one at the local watering hole The rusty Gull. I wonder if Billy was part of one Horse Blue?

8 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

It's funny how my local pub experiences keep coming up tonight but when I lived in North Van Billy Cowsill's band The Blue Shadows used to play this one at the local watering hole The rusty Gull. I wonder if Billy was part of one Horse Blue?

these guys played in the lamplighter in gas town thats where i met the singer , then i seen them at a rodeo outside of smithers, there from edmonchuck