The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coyotes won't sign Bleackley to entry-level contract

14 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

And in the case of the Rangers example I mentioned? Is it still 'TOO BAD' then?

that's a horrible story.  Any young person dying is tragic, of course.  However, why should that be different from any other first rounder not being signed?

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

that's a horrible story.  Any young person dying is tragic, of course.  However, why should that be different from any other first rounder not being signed?

It's not? :huh:

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I hope this kid goes to a hockey mad market like Winnipeg or Montreal and turns into a top 6 forward and scores against the Yote's every game he plays against them. Loophole or no, shady move. 

Arizona didn't draft him. What's the issue here?

On 6/1/2016 at 1:38 PM, Warhippy said:

Arizonas 1sts and both 2nds then for the 5th overall 

Git r dun GMJB

Maybe im interpreting wrong but did you just say 

TO VAN 

1st round pick 

1st round pick 

2nd round pick 

2nd round pick 

TO ARZ 

5th OA? 

Your insane to think ARZ would do that. 

Once again sry if i misread or misinterpret but thats what i thought. 

37 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Arizona didn't draft him. What's the issue here?

Not signing a player, letting him go through the hassle of a draft, again, and getting a 2nd round pick because it might be something as good or better? I get the rule when a player balks at an offer and they lose the player and it's out of their control. 

On 6/1/2016 at 2:47 PM, Warhippy said:

OK so here's an interesting question.

Lots of rumours or supposings as it were that Arizona will try moving up somehow still, obviously the matthews connection

Is it possible they want this extra pick to see about using it as part of a package deal to move up as opposed to a question mark in bleackley?

If they wanted the first overall pick, I have a feeling Toronto would be asking for a Max Domi + package back. Hometown guy for hometown guy. But Tkatchuk is also a possibility. Still, trades that high up are just so rare in actuality. 

8 hours ago, TheLiveWire said:

If they wanted the first overall pick, I have a feeling Toronto would be asking for a Max Domi + package back. Hometown guy for hometown guy. But Tkatchuk is also a possibility. Still, trades that high up are just so rare in actuality. 

Matthews would cost A LOT more than Domi.  Start with OEL then add Domi + pick 7 + Arizona's first next draft (not protected). Then in return, Arizona gets Matthews + every crap contract the Leafs want to dump.  And even then the Leafs would say NO!

Archived