The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Canucks LW to try for

cripplereh

Which LW would you like to see the Canucks go after  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

sorry edler is a top two dman on cheap contract  boeser could be better than landeskog in a few yrs and you want to give them a first rounder on top sorry no thanks 

Edler is a enigmatic top 2 dman on a poor hockey team right now. Boeser "could" be  better but he also "could" be a bust and until he starts playing pro hockey you can't prove anything and landeskog is proven at this level with serious qualities to be a nucleus player for the next era. Gaunce is a good bottom 6 guy at best so don't over hype him. 

Col would still say no to that deal that's why it's not enough value for their young captain 

On September 27, 2016 at 1:40 AM, billabong said:

I have palat as the most plausible because tb won't be able to re-sign everyone so I think he'll be the odd one out

obviously we all want landeskog but I doubt that'll happen.

to van: palat

to tb: Hansen, gaunce, 3rd pick 2017

Note: col should have more interest in edler because they already have Barrie and Johnson on the right side so tanev plays on the 3rd pair? Nah I think Tanev is valued way higher though but col may consider edler as the focal point if landeskog is indeed in play

to col: edler, boeser, gaunce/hansen

to van: landeskog

its a pipe dream

Would not make that deal. 

A Edler, Hansen and a 2nd. Any more and we are spending too much. Sometimes it's not about what the price is, but what you can pay.  

Realistically we are not trading Edler or Tanev.  Sbisa is our logical defender to move, Hansen has very good value, but with a winger coming back we could live without the Honey Badger.   We can add one 2nd rounder.  

So back to the days of Raymond, Ballard and a 1st.   What team need could we address with Hansen, Sbisa and a 2nd.  That's about what can pay for one player coming back.  Is there any deal to be made around that package that could upgrade our team?  

If we add prospects, it really depends on what is coming back, so I won't list them.  

Realistically we have to trade a Tanev or Edler, and a high draft pick 2nd is what I'm thinking. aswell a Hansen or Gaunce to make this transaction work for a guy like Landeskog or whoever that might be.... For a second line scoring winger;) and now  that stretcher is having a awesome campaign with the Canucks! Maybe we take a gamble to get that second line scoring we so desperately need! Without trading Boeser! or Virtanen or Ollie;)

Great topic and great players too. In the summer I was hoping a deal would be done but now I think I would rather wait and see.

i think with Virtanen and Boeser (who I think is also big) we have two big right hand shots.

Baertchi and Rodin are smaller and skilled and I am hopeful they will turn into good scorers.

What I think we really need is a big first line centre.

I'm intrigued by Draisaitl but what do we have that they want?

Maybe more help on D? Tanev if Stetcher catches fire? Maybe a goalie if Demko and Markstrom both shine and Talbot doesn't?

The problem is I really don't want to trade anyone but I don't think Edmonton just gives the Canucks Draisaitl because gm' s are old friends!

Good topic!

14 minutes ago, Calvin's Dog said:

Great topic and great players too. In the summer I was hoping a deal would be done but now I think I would rather wait and see.

i think with Virtanen and Boeser (who I think is also big) we have two big right hand shots.

Baertchi and Rodin are smaller and skilled and I am hopeful they will turn into good scorers.

What I think we really need is a big first line centre.

I'm intrigued by Draisaitl but what do we have that they want?

Maybe more help on D? Tanev if Stetcher catches fire? Maybe a goalie if Demko and Markstrom both shine and Talbot doesn't?

The problem is I really don't want to trade anyone but I don't think Edmonton just gives the Canucks Draisaitl because gm' s are old friends!

Good topic!

Edmonton was not willing to move Draisaitl for PK Subban.  It's been widely repeated by media that Draisaitl/McDavid are untouchable.

On 10/1/2016 at 3:14 PM, mll said:

Edmonton was not willing to move Draisaitl for PK Subban.  It's been widely repeated by media that Draisaitl/McDavid are untouchable.

eventually someone will have to be touchable. Salary cap make's it that way

Archived