The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - MONTREAL

30 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Someone said this in another post.  But if the Sedin's waive their no trade clause to go to Montreal, they would not have to be protected in the expansion draft. 

That's incorrect. The only time that would be true is if they were traded prior to the NMC's taking effect. Waiving them for a trade does not negate them fir the remainder of the contract. So they would still need to be protected in the expansion draft. 

6 hours ago, qwijibo said:

That's incorrect. The only time that would be true is if they were traded prior to the NMC's taking effect. Waiving them for a trade does not negate them fir the remainder of the contract. So they would still need to be protected in the expansion draft. 

Sort of. Typically a player waiving their clause does so with the promise of having it honoured with the new team. That doesn't always happen though, so it can be dropped in the event of them waiving it. I'd assume the Sedins would ask for their clauses to be upheld after the deal.

14 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Sort of. Typically a player waiving their clause does so with the promise of having it honoured with the new team. That doesn't always happen though, so it can be dropped in the event of them waiving it. I'd assume the Sedins would ask for their clauses to be upheld after the deal.

Yes, thank-you for the clarification.  That's more or less what I meant to say but you conveyed the information more concisely. Just because they consent to a trade doesn't mean they will consent to voiding the NMC for the remainder of the contracts

On 12/5/2016 at 4:43 PM, Where'd Luongo? said:

First off: You'll never get more than that for the twins.

Second: Retain 6 million and they are fine, deadline cap space for MON is 5.5M.

Third: Danault has been awesome so far this year, he is a significant upgrade from Gaunce and would be a great 3rd line center.

Fourth: If you can't handle a realistic return for the Sedin's then I'm sorry because you will live in disappointment.

try 1st and better player

Sedins ain't going anywhere;) for the billion time! Lol! Unless it's a rental for the playoffs? And, in return for a rental... I'd expect a 1st round draft pick coming back our way. for draft this years entry! Seems fair to me if the Habs win a cup with the twins! It's a win win in my eyes! I wonder if a deal like that can be done?

Sedins win a Cup, Canucks get there First! Then Sedins come back next Season to Canucks Organization With Rings and Momentum:)

• 2 months later...

Archived