Coconuts

What are you listening to? Metal version!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

The problem with meshuggah is that everything else you listen to after sounds watered down.

 

one of my favourite albums of all time of any genre.

 

3:38 FTW!

 

 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

 

German metal!   Saw them at Kavarna.   Reminded me so much of a US 80s band....clearly they are influenced by Ratt and similar.   Very melodic and catchy.   A lot "lighter" than most metal in Europe....nice to be different sometimes.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

German metal!   Saw them at Kavarna.   Reminded me so much of a US 80s band....clearly they are influenced by Ratt and similar.   Very melodic and catchy.   A lot "lighter" than most metal in Europe....nice to be different sometimes.   

Mhmm! The influence is def there, they're one of my favourites and their Rocket Ride/Hellfire Club albums are great power metal

 

Tobias's Avantasia project is great too

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Mhmm! The influence is def there, they're one of my favourites and their Rocket Ride/Hellfire Club albums are great power metal

 

Tobias's Avantasia project is great too

TA reminds me a lot of Gamma Ray.   Good harmless hard rock/borderline metal with fun futuristic lyrics.   Very little drop tuning and use of 80's power chord progressions with hardly any minor notes at all (save for the interludes).   Good stuff that ages well.   I like driving to this sort of stuff.   

 

PS - if you want to try out an album that invokes a lot of this "old but new" hard rock with a borderline metal feel at a times, try out Tremonti's latest (Dying Machine).   A pretty nice listen for summertime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

TA reminds me a lot of Gamma Ray.   Good harmless hard rock/borderline metal with fun futuristic lyrics.   Very little drop tuning and use of 80's power chord progressions with hardly any minor notes at all (save for the interludes).   Good stuff that ages well.   I like driving to this sort of stuff.   

 

PS - if you want to try out an album that invokes a lot of this "old but new" hard rock with a borderline metal feel at a times, try out Tremonti's latest (Dying Machine).   A pretty nice listen for summertime.

Dude's a genius who surrounds himself with great talent, it's pretty amazing what he's done by his age tbh

 

 

Tremonti is my $&!# though, I've got every single album but his very first one which I'd have to order if I wanted a physical copy

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Coconuts said:

Dude's a genius who surrounds himself with great talent, it's pretty amazing what he's done by his age tbh

 

 

Tremonti is my $&!# though, I've got every single album but his very first one which I'd have to order if I wanted a physical copy

My own personal opinion is Tremonti is current the single best guitar player on the planet.   Guy can play fast, slow, metal, rock, and seemingly all without much effort.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

My own personal opinion is Tremonti is current the single best guitar player on the planet.   Guy can play fast, slow, metal, rock, and seemingly all without much effort.

If he ain't he's definitely up there, it's amazing how far he's come from Creed. Between his own stuff and Alter Bridge he's a busy, busy dude.

 

16 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

 


Love me some Finntroll

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.