The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Utica Comets Thread

7 minutes ago, KKnight said:

If they could somehow get Dowd on a two way contract, that would be perfect!! I think hes a very decent 13th forward. 

Or if they could trade for a Tucker Poolman type to solidify the right side down in Utica. 

I'd be down with that. I don't think Dowd offers much at the NHL level but he's a solid AHL playmaker who can fill in with the big club when needed.

I'd like to see Utica try MacEwen at centre more too, I think he's responsible enough to play there. Otherwise they gotta sign someone else in addition to Dowd because Darcy and Cassels aren't gonna cut it as your 2 and 3.

If a center is signed for Vancouver like Bozak, Gaudette could be bound for Utica next year. He could be the centerman you are looking for. 

There will be a lot of drafted players hitting the roster in Utica this season.  After some adjustments I believe they will blister the team and the depth issues of past seasons will not

be as bad moving forward. 

We will see what happens after July 1st but don't be surprised to see some of the more promising Canucks prospects on the wings centered by the likes of career ECHL'ers Andrew Cherniwchan and Tony Cameranesi again.  The lack of quality centers on the Comets has been a recurring theme.  

3 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

We will see what happens after July 1st but don't be surprised to see some of the more promising Canucks prospects on the wings centered by the likes of career ECHL'ers Andrew Cherniwchan and Tony Cameranesi again.  The lack of quality centers on the Comets has been a recurring theme.  

Or maybe newly acquired Tanner Kero will take that number one center spot.  Hopefully between Dahlen and Jasek.  

37 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Or maybe newly acquired Tanner Kero will take that number one center spot.  Hopefully between Dahlen and Jasek.  

At least they got a center back and they weren't keeping Chaput anyway. But they aren't going to qualify Cassels so there goes another center.,

34 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

At least they got a center back and they weren't keeping Chaput anyway. But they aren't going to qualify Cassels so there goes another center.,

There is still time though.  I would really like to have Utica strong down the middle to develop these wingers.  

Archived