The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Utica Comets Thread

12 hours ago, TomatoPieFan said:

Thanks for posting, this is a great interview! Very informing of the whole season in general. He's very well spoken, and very humble. His own assessment of his first season as a head coach..."still kicking stones"...lol, what a guy. Thanks again for a great season in Utica, it was a tough one, lots of transactions, injuries, etc. The team and the fans never quit on the season. Cheers

15 hours ago, hobart16 said:

I saw Dahlen, Goldobin and Jasek at lunch today at Moe's in Utica.  My god Dahlen is small. You forget these are just kids.  Until you look at him.  He looks 15 years old.  He makes Jasek and Goldobin look like studs. 

Yet, he leads his men's league team from 3:1 down in the playoffs to come back and win, pulling them up to the top league.  That on top of being named the best forward in the league and the league MVP.  Kinda crazy.  Apparently Patrick Kane looked the same way, even after a few years in the league.

13 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

After this interview, I really want to bring back Siefers! I didn't realize the kind of veteran experience he brings.

I like Sifers too. Not flashy at all but he was a good mentor to Brisebois this year and they formed a really stable pair down the stretch and into the playoffs. I'd be in favour of bringing him back, although a couple of vets with a bit more offensive upside would be nice too as Utica is really lacking in offense from the back end.

.A quick thank you to @UticaHockey & @stonecoldstevebernier @Stierlitz. Maybe can mention @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

I am not a regular here. I am on many CDC forums. But as I don't watch enough games its fair not to comment.  You gentleman post updates. Steve & UH offer some very fair and real feedback on the team and players.  It is such a treat to read informed opinions. Ones not full of panic, still with critique & praise when fair without getting carried away.

Awesome & good job to Cull & the Comets as well!  

18 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I like Sifers too. Not flashy at all but he was a good mentor to Brisebois this year and they formed a really stable pair down the stretch and into the playoffs. I'd be in favour of bringing him back, although a couple of vets with a bit more offensive upside would be nice too as Utica is really lacking in offense from the back end.

Yeah the vet rule really makes things difficult. Who do we have as sure fire vets that are coming back (if they re-sign)??..Forwards: Chaput, Boucher, Hamilton/Bancks... Defense: Wiercoch and Blujus, and Goaltending: Bachman?? Was thinking of signing ol' Eddie Lack if Bachmen goes. I'm sure he'd love to come back to our organization. Still a good goalie.

20 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Sifers signed a two year AHL contract last summer so he is the only player on an AHL contract that is a lock to be back next season.  All of the other players that were on AHL deals are about to become free agents.

On 2018-05-02 at 5:12 PM, Stierlitz said:

Not to many on that list Id say we need to keep.

Id keep Boucher, Wiercoch, Chaput, Archy and Bachman as the vets. Waive them to Utica.

Megna, Labate, Molino, Stewart, Cederholm, Dowd, Jokinen are pretty redundant and easily replaceable.

Cassels is 50/50 for a contract in my opinion. Good defensively but very little offensive potential remaining. May be an ok 4th liner in the future, but those are easy to find.

On 02/05/2018 at 5:56 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

.A quick thank you to @UticaHockey & @stonecoldstevebernier @Stierlitz. Maybe can mention @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

I am not a regular here. I am on many CDC forums. But as I don't watch enough games its fair not to comment.  You gentleman post updates. Steve & UH offer some very fair and real feedback on the team and players.  It is such a treat to read informed opinions. Ones not full of panic, still with critique & praise when fair without getting carried away.

Awesome & good job to Cull & the Comets as well!  

Well said and I whole heartedly agree thanks very much for keeping us informed. I really do enjoy getting the good oil on all the prospects. You each deserve some recognition for taking the time to educate the masses. 

Archived