The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Good at projections, ain't I!  :gocan:

Every time I see you post on CDC I wince inwardly at what I did to you :blush:

Worth noting thrice :lol:

For me, Chayka doesn't actually appear to have a plan. Some of his trades have been strange, the treatment of young players baffling. His non-trades have been far worse than Benning's - rumors abounded about trading Hjalmarsson at the deadline, Richardson was a good UFA carrot to dangle, Schenn and K-nauts too. And look at Vegas paying for Reaves, when the Yotes had Rinaldo there.

Chayka is taking them nowhere fast.

21 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

For me, Chayka doesn't actually appear to have a plan. Some of his trades have been strange, the treatment of young players baffling. His non-trades have been far worse than Benning's - rumors abounded about trading Hjalmarsson at the deadline, Richardson was a good UFA carrot to dangle, Schenn and K-nauts too. And look at Vegas paying for Reaves, when the Yotes had Rinaldo there.

Chayka is taking them nowhere fast.

Reaves was part of the payment for taking on a bunch of Brassard’s salary, and if Vanek has low value I can’t imagine what Schenn and Connauton would bring back.

I think if Raaaaaaaanta hadn’t been injured at the start of the season, they’d be in a much more impressive spot by now. Keller’s at 50 points just abouts, and OEL/Hjalmarsson/Chychrun is a solid defense core for the future. 

I’m forgetting Stepan, and another guy I think. I wouldn’t mind seeing them do something in FA to build up a playoff team - or who knows? Maybe they make a push for Karlsson.

46 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Yeah sorry. Dodgy internet at school. 

And some criticisms are fair, but the red Wings/chychrun deal was great, the Crouse real was great, and all of his acquisitions he didn't really pay that much for any of his acquisitions, while also selling hanzal for a fortune. 

Some prospects not panning out (strome, maybe domi) can't be entirely on him. Yeah Doan was wildly mismanaged, but giving OEL time off and bringing his bro to Tuscon when their mom died? He's had good off ice movies too.

Either way, 98 point pace for over 2 months now.

1 hour ago, somethingvery said:

Waivers.jpg.143e483824deeb4da3cb148eab33d447.jpg.c984f956378256529ea1bcbccd99867a.jpg

The Vegas Golden Knights place F Lance Bouma on waivers. 

We were devastated to see Lance demoted to the AHL by the Blackhawks, but we hope that he rebounds next season. That would allow us to see some return on our trade of Chris Kunitz.

On ‎9‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, Captain Azzy said:

Every time I see you post on CDC I wince inwardly at what I did to you :blush:

Sympathy not required...

You really did nothing to me.  I wanted out of Erik Johnsons contract before next year for cap reasons.  I dumped him. It was bad practice as it turned out.

I knew fundamentally he was a very good player. The market was. unfortunately, loud and clear that no one was giving me an asset for him. Not while Colorado was in the tank.  You also had no luck selling him at the deadline.  I offered him to more than 20 teams? 

I should have waited it out. That's on me, but I'm happy he'll help your team. 

Congrats to Hill on his first NHL win! Hopefully it’s the first of many.

Too bad I didn’t get any points! But I blame the score app for that; it said Keumper was the CONFIRMED starter! 

I’m really curious to what the Coyotes are going to do for goaltending next year. They traded a 7th OA pick and Reider for Raanta and Keumper. Both are UFA age. Would suck if Hill spent next season in the AHL.

4 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

They traded a 7th OA pick and Reider for Raanta and Keumper.

Think you're overlooking a certain Mr Derek Stepan there :blink:

10 hours ago, Tylez said:

Reports of a closed door Meeting in Van tonight.. Players only. 

Would suck to lose the lead down the stretch here after holding it (with authority) for almost the whole year.

I just checked - there's 26 days left in the season. In the last 26 days, Columbus has 1031 points, Carolina 936.25, and Vancouver 761. So at the current pace, you're headed for 3rd.

It's going to come down to the wire. Hopefully for us Scheifele and Marchand won't miss too many more games.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Would suck to lose the lead down the stretch here after holding it (with authority) for almost the whole year.

I just checked - there's 26 days left in the season. In the last 26 days, Columbus has 1031 points, Carolina 936.25, and Vancouver 761. So at the current pace, you're headed for 3rd.

It's going to come down to the wire. Hopefully for us Scheifele and Marchand won't miss too many more games.

It's relatively easy to pile up regular season points with players who are on non or bubble playoff teams. CBJ has had an ingenious season of the much more difficult task of pulling in high scoring, deep playoff players (at their tendency to be at a much higher cost to attain) throughout the year for their accelerating regular season pace leading into the playoffs.

Well done @D-Money and @Monty

2 hours ago, somethingvery said:

It's relatively easy to pile up regular season points with players who are on non or bubble playoff teams. CBJ has had an ingenious season of the much more difficult task of pulling in high scoring, deep playoff players (at their tendency to be at a much higher cost to attain) throughout the year for their accelerating regular season pace leading into the playoffs.

Well done @D-Money and @Monty

Thanks!

But it did come at a cost. Only a few 5th round picks remaining, for both this year and next. And a lot of solid veterans and promising youth were shipped out to make it happen, including: Seth Jones, Mike Hoffman, Nino Niederreiter, Luke Kunin, Ondrej Kase, Kevin Labanc, Jeff Petry, Brock McGinn, Brendan Guhle, Joseph Woll, Jonathan Ang, Andrew Shaw, Connor Carrick, Josh Brook, Maxim Mamin, Shane Gersich, Frederik Gauthier, Vinni Lettieri... And that is just in the last year - the previous year we moved Alex Nylander, Ilya Samsonov, Travis Dermott... ...We definitely sold the farm.

As such, we're making a run here, but probably retooling next year. So for the offseason, we're open to offers on just about anyone not named Hedman, Scheifele, Marchand, Arvidsson, or Kadri. And although 2018 picks would be nice, we are willing to talk 2019 picks instead, along with younger players, prospects, etc.

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

Being 1st in the league isn't really my concern. Just want my playoff guys to make it/produce. Lately haven't been getting the production I've been hoping for. But 1st is all yours!

Archived