The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

StubHub Canada Direct Deposit

-NIGHTCRAWLER-

8 hours ago, Curt said:

They stopped sending cheques about a year ago. You get paid though Paypal meaning that your USD dollars must be converted into Canadian dollars using their unfavorable exchange rate (Well favorable rate for them).  

Yeah I was very disappointed to hear they were discontinuing cheque payments. I opened an RBC account specifically to set up direct deposit with StubHub and avoid the PayPal fees.

4 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

I signed up account at RBC last week, but have trouble setting it up..  they gave me the wrong Routing Number.. I need to go back and ask for it again

I opened an account with RBC a month ago and have had nothing but problems setting it up with StubHub. RBC tells me it’s an issue on StubHub’s end, StubHub says it’s an issue with my back account. I’m currently awaiting their 3rd attempt to send a payment, both previous attempts didn’t go through. Very frustrating.

9 hours ago, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

I opened an account with RBC a month ago and have had nothing but problems setting it up with StubHub. RBC tells me it’s an issue on StubHub’s end, StubHub says it’s an issue with my back account. I’m currently awaiting their 3rd attempt to send a payment, both previous attempts didn’t go through. Very frustrating.

Oh no...i am in a similar boat i setup a rbc us chq acct....and am currently awaiting payment.  What routing number did you use?  I believe i used one ending in 6608, if u google rbc routing us, it shows.  Fingers crossed my payment goes thru, will keep u posted.  Paypal said it sent the payment over the weekend, wonder how long i should wait for it to appear in my account.

10 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

I signed up account at RBC last week, but have trouble setting it up..  they gave me the wrong Routing Number.. I need to go back and ask for it again

51 minutes ago, Salmonred said:

Oh no...i am in a similar boat i setup a rbc us chq acct....and am currently awaiting payment.  What routing number did you use?  I believe i used one ending in 6608, if u google rbc routing us, it shows.  Fingers crossed my payment goes thru, will keep u posted.  Paypal said it sent the payment over the weekend, wonder how long i should wait for it to appear in my account.

I believe I’ve finally found the issue in my case. The account that RBC opened for me is called a US savings account, however I just checked the paper work and that’s just what they call it. It’s not actually a savings account, it’s a chequing account. When I first set up direct deposit on StubHub I entered my information as a savings account. I’ve changed it now and will update later this week if it worked.

When I asked RBC for the ABA/Routing number and account number I didn’t trust them to just write it down. I told them exactly what the account was for and they gave me a printout of wiring instructions that had all the information I needed. You guys mentioned having issues with the routing numbers they provided you, I recommend getting a printout of the wire instructions for your accounts from your branch.

9 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

It's in stubhub's best interest to keep this currency exchange scheme going as long as they can. They are in bed with paypal and they probably get a cut out of all the business they send them. Disgraceful.

eBay bought out PayPal 15 years ago

11 hours ago, ArkDepot said:

why not just give the tickets to a family member or sell/give them to a friend, if you can't go.

Before the season starts I choose all the games I want to go to. Then I choose all the games I want to give as gifts at Christmas and on birthdays. Then family and friends get their pick. After that there are still a few games left and it’s helpful to have an account on NHL Ticket Exchange and StubHub.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:46 PM, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

Recently? I was told by customer support that they no longer send cheques to Canadian based sellers.

Sending out checks in the mail is more costly compared to directly depositing the funds to your account. Also its faster. But I'm sure you had already had that figured out?

The same with how many companies are going the route of direct deposit on payday instead of printing out checks and giving you your check to you personally.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Sending out checks in the mail is more costly compared to directly depositing the funds to your account. Also its faster. But I'm sure you had already had that figured out?

The same with how many companies are going the route of direct deposit on payday instead of printing out checks and giving you your check to you personally.

Yes, I figured that was the reason for it. It makes complete sense from a business standpoint. It would be nice if they could allow more flexibility for Canadians though. Let us list in CAD, and not restrict us to one bank.

20 hours ago, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

I believe I’ve finally found the issue in my case. The account that RBC opened for me is called a US savings account, however I just checked the paper work and that’s just what they call it. It’s not actually a savings account, it’s a chequing account. When I first set up direct deposit on StubHub I entered my information as a savings account. I’ve changed it now and will update later this week if it worked.

When I asked RBC for the ABA/Routing number and account number I didn’t trust them to just write it down. I told them exactly what the account was for and they gave me a printout of wiring instructions that had all the information I needed. You guys mentioned having issues with the routing numbers they provided you, I recommend getting a printout of the wire instructions for your accounts from your branch.

Thanks for this.  I think my account setup got messed up like yours.  I believe the issue is w the aba #.  Gotta go to rbc now and deal w stubhub, such a pain .  They should do test deposits before account is confirmed.

On 25/10/2017 at 2:11 AM, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

This.

I sometimes have to wire big sums around for work and it is amazing how often bank staff either 1) supply wire details with errors or 2) enter the wire details wrong when setting up the wire. Doesn't matter if its 50 million dollars or a stub hub transaction, they consistently screw it up so best to protect yourself by hand holding as much as you can.

Archived