The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Post your reclaimation project you think could succeed

4 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

Does Dylan Strome count? A lot of folks are wondering why he hasn't been able to make a big splash on a bad team (AZ) even as others (Keller, Perlini, Fischer) have, even though he dominated junior and is great in the A.

The Hockey News

Canucks certainly need a high end playmaker especially with the Sedins nearly done. Petterssen is probably a year or two behind Strome in development.

The Hockey News

I think Strome being a third over all pick would demand a lot to acquire -Baertschi and 2nd at least but the Canucks have only 2 untouchables, Bo and Brock, on the current nhl roster.

24 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Kerby Rychel

Offer Brenden Gaunce?

Kerby Rychel - Eliteprospects.com

Leafs have a logjam of forward prospects so I think thats a possibilty for the Canucks. I would rather keep Gaunce though. Despite all the talk of speed and skill in smaller players being the new trend every year in the playoffs its bigger teams with speed that can bang with a good sprinkling of skill that make the final four. Maybe a utility player like Granlund would interest the Leafs for the playoffs when puckheads like Matt Martin are in the press box.

1 minute ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Kerby Rychel - Eliteprospects.com

Leafs have a logjam of forward prospects so I think thats a possibilty for the Canucks. I would rather keep Gaunce though. Despite all the talk of speed and skill in smaller players being the new trend every year in the playoffs its bigger teams with speed that can bang with a good sprinkling of skill that make the final four. Maybe a utility player like Granlund would interest the Leafs for the playoffs when puckheads like Matt Martin are in the press box.

I thought of Granny too but he's been so inconsistent. Even as a depth forward, he brings a lot of question marks and that's something Toronto doesn't need any more of.

Rychel is a nasty player everyone hates to play against. He's very Dorsett-like.

Unfortunately, He's lost behind a core of young, offensive players.

Giving up a defensive forward to a team that really needs one seems, to me, to be a worthy price to pay for a nasty player who fits the Pacific style.

Just now, komodo0921 said:

I thought of Granny too but he's been so inconsistent. Even as a depth forward, he brings a lot of question marks and that's something Toronto doesn't need any more of.

Rychel is a nasty player everyone hates to play against. He's very Dorsett-like.

Unfortunately, He's lost behind a core of young, offensive players.

Giving up a defensive forward to a team that really needs one seems, to me, to be a worthy price to pay for a nasty player who fits the Pacific style.

With Labate Gadjovich and Gaudette in the pipeline for that type of role I suppose a team looking for Gaunce's specific niche makes him expendable.

Gaunce's relentless work ethic seems contagious though and I think that's an intangible worth keeping.

4 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

With Labate Gadjovich and Gaudette in the pipeline for that type of role I suppose a team looking for Gaunce's specific niche makes him expendable.

Gaunce's relentless work ethic seems contagious though and I think that's an intangible worth keeping.

I get that point too.

6 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

Does Dylan Strome count? A lot of folks are wondering why he hasn't been able to make a big splash on a bad team (AZ) even as others (Keller, Perlini, Fischer) have, even though he dominated junior and is great in the A.

I would love to get D.Strome, though I don't know that he'd be considered a reclamation.

He's only two years removed from his draft year and looks to be developing nicely. 

Nobody outside of Arizona brass can, with full knowledge, say why he's not in the NHL but I don't think he's far away.

12 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

I would love to get D.Strome, though I don't know that he'd be considered a reclamation.

He's only two years removed from his draft year and looks to be developing nicely. 

Nobody outside of Arizona brass can, with full knowledge, say why he's not in the NHL but I don't think he's far away.

Strome is only 20, is absolutely tearing up the AHL, as is Merkley. Strome hasnt shown at the NHL as of yet but hard to think they would move on from him.

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Griffin Reinhart? 

Griffin Reinhart - Eliteprospects.com

I like his size and his 2yr contract at 800k is great. Canucks need right side defence with some offence preferably rh shot. He is a lh ls D but if we're going full tank why not acquire another 23 yrs old D with 143 AHL and 47 NHL games. He was drafted fourth over all but hasn't dazzled at the pro level so I wonder what would be the asking price.

1 hour ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Griffin Reinhart - Eliteprospects.com

I like his size and his 2yr contract at 800k is great. Canucks need right side defence with some offence preferably rh shot. He is a lh ls D but if we're going full tank why not acquire another 23 yrs old D with 143 AHL and 47 NHL games. He was drafted fourth over all but hasn't dazzled at the pro level so I wonder what would be the asking price.

I think after we got Pouliot it makes this type of acquisition much harder. We need to move out at least 1 LHD. Next Edler and MDZ will be gone though. But Reinhart would need to clear waivers next fall until they get dealt.

It must be that he just lacks the foot speed to keep up in the NHL. He probably can be had for cheap I would assume. Maybe a deal similar to Vanek's last year?

Reinhart & 3rd/4th For Vanek?

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Jake Virtanen!!!

Oh I am sure there is a team out there that knows he has the wheels and would be looking at calling about him maybe in the off season or early next year if he is still playing the same way. I just hope we give him some proper ice time and good linemates where he can keep things simple but also have confidence.

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

Oh I am sure there is a team out there that knows he has the wheels and would be looking at calling about him maybe in the off season or early next year if he is still playing the same way. I just hope we give him some proper ice time and good linemates where he can keep things simple but also have confidence.

I get so many Bernier feelings with him. He will never live up to his draft position here get traded then go on to win cups. 

RHD Connor Murphy in Chicago (acquired for Nik Hjalmarsson, 26 year old right hand shot; not fitting in and a frequent healthy scratch; he does have 1st round pick pedigree, even though he's currently only being utilized for 16 minutes a night.  He has shutdown potential).

I'd also try for C/ W Sam Bennett (31 point projection for a season isn't that good, wonder if a fresh start could be the situation he needs to rediscover his Doug Gilmour draft projection?  He's shown flashes of skill and grit but just had a rough start to the season and has been inconsistent).  Maybe he could be the tough, skilled center behind Bo for years (if Elias settles in as a winger)?

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

RHD Connor Murphy in Chicago (acquired for Nik Hjalmarsson, 26 year old right hand shot; not fitting in and a frequent healthy scratch; he does have 1st round pick pedigree, even though he's currently only being utilized for 16 minutes a night.  He has shutdown potential).

I'd also try for C/ W Sam Bennett (31 point projection for a season isn't that good, wonder if a fresh start could be the situation he needs to rediscover his Doug Gilmour draft projection?  He's shown flashes of skill and grit but just had a rough start to the season and has been inconsistent).  Maybe he could be the tough, skilled center behind Bo for years (if Elias settles in as a winger)?

Very interesting player in Connor Murphy. He is not a big pt producer but is a decent D man from what I can remember. He has decent size, dont know if he uses it to hit guys or not tho. He has a few years left on his deal. Maybe he is over priced for the Hawks needs as they are a cap team? I dont know what we could offer them that they would have interest in? I assume they want a D back, probably a rhd. But interesting player to put in here

Bennett, I would go after him for sure. They would want Virtanen back in return, or maybe even more?

8 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Very interesting player in Connor Murphy. He is not a big pt producer but is a decent D man from what I can remember. He has decent size, dont know if he uses it to hit guys or not tho. He has a few years left on his deal. Maybe he is over priced for the Hawks needs as they are a cap team? I dont know what we could offer them that they would have interest in? I assume they want a D back, probably a rhd. But interesting player to put in here

Bennett, I would go after him for sure. They would want Virtanen back in return, or maybe even more?

I would have to think Calgary learned their lesson by now. But hey 3rd time's the charm. 

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

I would have to think Calgary learned their lesson by now. But hey 3rd time's the charm. 

Burke likes truculence, maybe they think they can mold Jake into a power forward beast?

But yes Calgary can likely ship Bennett to many other teams instead of us

4 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Burke likes truculence, maybe they think they can mold Jake into a power forward beast?

But yes Calgary can likely ship Bennett to many other teams instead of us

Burke probably slicked his sonic the hedgehog hairdoo often watching Virtanen as a hitman. 

Archived