The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in two college defensemen

skategal

On 3/24/2018 at 9:59 PM, DeNiro said:

I'm all for free prospects but I don't think we should be wasting anymore contracts on long shot D-men.

We got lucky with Stecher and Tanev, not sure we'll be that lucky again. And frankly we need higher quality D-men anyways. We've got enough depth guys and bottom 4 guys already.

I was just thinking the same thing.  If we have the contract room, fine... whatever.  Free prospects.  But at the end of the day, we have lots of low to mid pairing guys already.  If we want to truly bolster our d (and we do.  We MUST), then we need to get high end draft picks in there or trade for high end prospects.

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

And Tanev for that matter 

IMO, Stecher and Tanev are examples of what players need to do to make the roster. I don't think the fact that they've made our roster makes us a better team to sign for. Tanev actually signed with us when we were at our most recent peak, so the odds were against him but also shows players can crack the top rosters given their play and determination.

4 hours ago, kloubek said:

I was just thinking the same thing.  If we have the contract room, fine... whatever.  Free prospects.  But at the end of the day, we have lots of low to mid pairing guys already.  If we want to truly bolster our d (and we do.  We MUST), then we need to get high end draft picks in there or trade for high end prospects.

Yes I wouldn’t mind making a hockey trade to bring in a younger top 4 dman like a trouba or sanheim. I feel like a trouba for tanev deal would be fair both players have had bad luck with injury and could both benefit from a scenery change and tanev is more help to jets current playing style imo and flyers could use some forward prospect(s) where there deep on d, I could see a gadj and goldobin or virtanen for sanheim deal going down with our current forward prospect depth I wouldn’t mind seeing both of them trades happening.

Archived