The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Amazon warehouse workers pee into bottles because they are scared of being punished for taking a comfort break

Ryan Strome

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Several Amazon workers 'have considered suicide since joining the company', poll reveals while warehouse staff claim they have urinated into bottles because they're afraid of 'time-wasting'

Some Amazon warehouse staff have felt suicidal since joining the company, according to a survey.

In a poll of 100 workers, more than half said they suffered from depression and eight people said they'd thought about killing themselves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5617511/Stressed-Amazon-warehouse-workers-UK-driven-brink-suicide.html

I am sure any large company has several people considering it at any time....that is just statistics. 

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I am sure any large company has several people considering it at any time....that is just statistics. 

Some Amazon warehouse staff have felt suicidal since joining the company, according to a survey.

No one should be unhappy at work, especially this unhappy. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No one should be unhappy at work, especially this unhappy. 

Lol @ underlined....some jobs just aren't rewarding. I like what I do but do I want to be here right now? No.  

Again statistically that would be the case at every large corporation. Listen I read the article and it 100% doesn't jive with what I know from people who've worked for Amazon in the US. I can't speak for the UK. 

Also the source is questionable at best. 

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Lol @ underlined....some jobs just aren't rewarding. I like what I do but do I want to be here right now? No.  

Again statistically that would be the case at every large corporation. Listen I read the article and it 100% doesn't jive with what I know from people who've worked for Amazon in the US. I can't speak for the UK. 

Also the source is questionable at best. 

I just posted the story many news outlets are covering the story. But again a person should be happy at work, life is to short not to be.

1 minute ago, VanGnome said:

I believe they are called motivation managers, or coaches or some such. They are legit paid by walmart to go from store to store to raise staff morale and get their staff more excited to work.

Sounds like something from the communist Soviet Union.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I just posted the story many news outlets are covering the story. But again a person should be happy at work, life is to short not to be.

If other sources are on it then cool. Daily Mail are the guys nailed for spying and blatantly lying. It's pretty much a tabloid with a Murdoch spin :P

Sounds like something from the communist Soviet Union.

Actually sounds more like multi-level marketing motivational non-sense. 

If that's the standards, then most manual jobs would be left un-filled. 

4 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Actually sounds more like multi-level marketing motivational non-sense. 

If that's the standards, then most manual jobs would be left un-filled. 

Soviet Union used propaganda to try and make people happier. Was just a joke.

If you choose to live unhappy go ahead but in my opinion life is to short for that.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Soviet Union used propaganda to try and make people happier. Was just a joke.

If you choose to live unhappy go ahead but in my opinion life is to short for that.

Sure. Take a minimum wage job and somehow will yourself to be happy.

Worked at places like that ev logistics wasnt to bad.its one of those industries were unions are a benefit otherwise the managers get pretty psycho.

But this sounds like the walmart warehouse in calgary were security actually follows you to the washroom.

52 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

My boss said too from the software development side they have massive churn with the typical employee spending about 18 months there. He said it's great to work there if you don't mind being worked like a dog and if you have no life and no will to live.

I have a friend high up in IT at Amazon....loves it. 

nah

it's all good

labour environment in usa is starting to look like china

so they can keep up with underpaying and over working their workers

and ensuring the owners maximize their profits

gotta remain competitive no matter what the cost

there really is no democracy if you are a worker

(well unless you are unionized, but we can't have that either)

:wub:

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sometimes I think I would be happy working at timmies drinking double doubles and eating timbits all day.::D

I think I would prefer working at some theme park or something. At least hopefully you get to service happy kids and families.

Timmies would work you to death, and then some.

Archived