The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 CDC Puck Draft

thejazz97

cut.jpg

Welcome, Puckheads, to the 2018 CDC Puck Draft! ;) 

@canucklax has the first overall pick! 

The draft order, with pick owners and players drafted, can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EvKfHNdPigHqOHXJumRHIKplj-xjlwMHaXfcPEOEEXQ/edit?usp=sharing

2018 Entry Draft Guidelines 

(lifted from 2017's rules, thanks @somethingvery!)

• Drafting begins the day following the last Stanley Cup Final game (June 8th, June 11th, or June 14th).

• During official draft timeframes (4:30pm-10:30pm PST starting June 8), Round 1 has unlimited time limits, Rounds 2 & 3 has one hour time limits, Rounds 4 & 5 has thirty minute time limits. As with last year, however, we may shorten the time limits of each round if we see the draft is going too slowly. Skipped picks may be made up starting at the end of the round in which the pick was skipped, any time during the draft thereafter.

• On the eve of the draft, all unsigned 2016 Puck Entry Draft selected prospects will be removed from team's rosters and if eligible will be available to be drafted

• Round 1 officially starts 4:30pm PST June 8 and ends same day 10:30pm PST, and will continue daily in that timeframe until the conclusion of Round 5. Selections may continue from the end of each day's official stop time until the beginning of the following day's official start time without a time constraint. 

• to make the draft flow it is requested that the selector notifies the GM up to pick next using the @___ notifier.

Also, please only use this thread for draft-related talk and picks, but feel free to make it fun when you do :P 

First Round Draft Order:

Spoiler

001 small.png - Rasmus Dahlin

002 small.png - Andrei Svechnikov

003 small.png - Filip Zadina

004 small.png - Brady Tkachuk

005 small.png - Oliver Wahlstrom   

006 small.png - Quinn Hughes

007 small.png - Adam Boqvist

008 small.png - Evan Bouchard

009 small.png - Noah Dobson

010 small.png - Jesperi Kotkaniemi

011 small.png - Barrett Hayton

012 small.png - Ty Smith

013 small.png - Joel Farabee

014 small.png - Vitaly Kravtsov

015 small.png - Joe Veleno

016 small.png - Akil Thomas

017 small.png - Rasmus Kupari

018 small.png - Ryan Merkley

019 small.png - Bode Wilde

020 small.png - Ty Dellandrea

021 small.png - Isac Lundestrom

022 small.png - Dominik Bokk

023 small.png - Jake Wise

024 small.png - Grigori Denisenko

025 small.png - Martin Kaut

026 small.png - K'Andre Miller

027 small.png - Jonatan Berggren

028 small.png - Serron Noel

029 small.png - Rasmus Sandin

030 small.png - Nils Lundkvist

031 small.png -  

The Colorado Avalanche would like to congratulate the Chicago Blackhawks (@somethingvery) and the Columbus Blue Jackets (@D-Money) for winning their respective conferences, and can't wait to see who will get to hoist the Stanley Cup. This draft is the best opportunity since I have been hired by Colorado to join those elite teams by giving this team a future. We also would like to thank @Mr.Miyagi and the city of Dallas for hosting the draft.

With no further delay, Colorado is proud to select Rasmus Dahlin!

Rasmus-Dahlin-Player-Profile.jpg

@Phil The Thrill is up

7 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

For starters I would like to thank lady luck for moving us up to #2 in the draft.

With no further adieu,

The Flyers are extremely happy to select Andrei Svechnikov.

Image result for Andrei Svechnikov';

@Salter

I shall make my official pick later today, stand by :ph34r:

o93K8XB.png

WELCOME TO HOCKEY TOWN

The Detroit Redwings are proud to select, from the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL, Filip Zadina!

@Art Vandelay

Spoiler

Sorry for taking all day, you know how it is being a GM, people call, people listen, people hangup, people call again. Rinse, wash, repeat. We're super excited to have made this selection at 3rd overall. 

2 minutes ago, Salter said:

The draft has officially begun!

Flawless timing! After a  week of 10 hour clinical rotation shifts, I have a long weekend at just the right time. The hospital does not own my existence for the next 72 hours: lets make some (confusing and questionable) picks!

Archived