The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

46 years ago today, Team Canada 1972

Mackcanuck

It enhanced this Nation's passion for Hockey, It is where it all started and To think that Paul Henderson is still not in the Hall of Fame

Team Canada 1972‏ @TeamCanada1972 14h14 hours ago

46 years ago today Sept 28/72 a nation stood still as Canada's Team of the Century completed the greatest comeback in the greatest series of all time

MAC37_HENDERSON01www.jpg

DoJ-mxLX0AETkbh.jpg

I forget which Canada/Russia series I watched on tv a few years ago but I was appalled at how dirty Canada was.  Maybe it was the "They're going home" series, but it was an utter joke.  Russian came to play hockey, Canada came to brawl.  I know I am going to get flamed for this but I don't care.  It wasn't much of a hockey series. 

9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I forget which Canada/Russia series I watched on tv a few years ago but I was appalled at how dirty Canada was.  Maybe it was the "They're going home" series, but it was an utter joke.  Russian came to play hockey, Canada came to brawl.  I know I am going to get flamed for this but I don't care.  It wasn't much of a hockey series. 

meh, the Russians were hardly angels themselves (look at behind the scenes moves they made to ensure certain officials were refs - they made Kelly Sutherland seem like Bruce Hood by comparison).  Back then, North American players didn't bother training in the off-season (they used training camp to 'get into shape')  The series took place in essentially their off-season.  Their play reflected this.  

24 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That was hockey in the 70s

When they got that TEAM CANADA together we thought we were unbeatable and then the RUSSIANS showed up and showed us such was not the case,

IT WAS ALL OUT WAR.

That series brought our country together(LIKE THE OLYMPICS DOES) and was super exciting,(THAT'S WHY IT IS HISTORICALLY EPIC),

all I can say is THANK GOODNESS WE WON.

Archived