The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Andrej Sustr

20 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

Same player at 1/3rd the cost.

Gobranson is better... just not three times better.

There keep being reports that Florida still loves him.  I don’t think we are ever going to trade him away, but we could actually get a better return for him.  He is. He isn’t trash, and is a legitimate 3rd pairing D who has the capability to play a little higher for stretches, but gets into trouble when you ask too much.  As Ferraro has repeatedly said... watch who has the puck after Gudbranson touches it.  It is the opposition much more often than not.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Chiarelli, is that you?

Equivalent/marginally better player, much lower cap hit, deal expires this season, wouldn't need to clear waivers... We got shredded in the trade for Guddy, but it would be a decent way to end the experiment now and free up some cap space if we want to start signing players and competing next season...

2 hours ago, EagleShield said:

Equivalent/marginally better player, much lower cap hit, deal expires this season, wouldn't need to clear waivers... We got shredded in the trade for Guddy, but it would be a decent way to end the experiment now and free up some cap space if we want to start signing players and competing next season...

huh, and no one took him for free. 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:21 PM, ruilin96 said:

24 hours ago, they probably will. But Chia-Pete is no longer in charge.

I pity the next GM to take that spot. Coilers holes are so glaring I think the only trade left they can win is a Mc David trade and any GM who comes in and proposes that would be fired on the spot. If I were a betting man 100% they get hosed on their next blockbuster no matter who the GM is.

If I'm the GM I'm looking for the most boring players in the league you already have the most exciting player in the game. What they need is guys like Sutter, Loui Eriksson (minus the price tag), Brendan Gaunce, Chris Tanev. Essentially guys who will lull the opposition to sleep. You don't have to score 6 goals to win just more than the other team.   

Archived