The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Nucks - Wild

I think we should see what Juolevi can do this year at camp before we abandon him. Yes, he's had a rough time since being drafted, but he was also looking really good in Utica last year before being shut down. He has full summer to train, as does Boeser (remember, he wasn't able to train much last summer because of injury).

Juolevi still projects really high, if he can get a full season away from injury and complete his transition. People are counting him out too easily, He just turned 21 years old, hardly into bust territory.

Brock is almost untouchable imo.  Not only do I think he’ll be an annual 35+ goal guy per year, he’s a fan fav already and our team needs him for that. He’s a gooood dude also.

If Gretzky can be traded anyone could but this team today, he, Petey and Hughes are staying here.

Its not that i don't like BB6, heck, he's a great player. As an armchair architect of a team, you have to have a blueprint of what you want to accomplish. My take is to build a solid defence as i think we have a solid goal tending now. 

As someone already posted, you have to give to receive. You might have to first ask for minimal for Dumba, like would they go for a player to player trade and go from there. The suggestion that i have is ultimately the highest price i'll pay 

6 minutes ago, JesseBlue said:

Its not that i don't like BB6, heck, he's a great player. As an armchair architect of a team, you have to have a blueprint of what you want to accomplish. My take is to build a solid defence as i think we have a solid goal tending now. 

As someone already posted, you have to give to receive. You might have to first ask for minimal for Dumba, like would they go for a player to player trade and go from there. The suggestion that i have is ultimately the highest price i'll pay 

If you’re keen on building from the back end why trade OJ in any deal for Dumba? 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If you’re keen on building from the back end why trade OJ in any deal for Dumba? 

The Wild are not trading Dumba.  They have one of the best D-corps in the league - why would they want to tear it apart when they want to compete now.  They want to trade Zucker because they have too may left wings and only 1 right shot in their top-9.  

Just now, mll said:

The Wild are not trading Dumba.  They have one of the best D-corps in the league - why would they want to tear it apart when they want to compete now.  They want to trade Zucker because they have too may left wings and only 1 right shot in their top-9.  

I don’t want Dumba anyway.  I’m just curious why a Canuck’s fan would trade OJ for a D man who is okay but nothing special and throw in Boeser too.  Dumba is not Seth Jones.  He’s a smallish player, who is okay, but certainly not worth Boeser, let alone adding in OJ.  

• Cheers 1

we have to ask, what is your idea of rebuilding the back end?

number i....................number 2..................

number 3.hughes......number 4...................

number 5..................number 6....................

number 7..................number 8....................

Don't get me wrong, i like OJ too but there might be a minimum of 2 year wait before we'd see him in a canucks uniform. If the value is still there, then i would use it for a package. If there are more picks on the side to even it more, then so be it.

There are more Stanley cup winners with a true stud at D.

Ek will be up there. As an ufa, today will be my top priority. Edler will be the 2nd priority.

Edler (if he re-signs) - EK 

Hughes - Dumba

Hutton - Stecher

Shelter the 2nd and 3rd pair.

Tanev, as much as i like him too, will need be moved.

Schenn/Biega will be 7th/8th.

7 minutes ago, JesseBlue said:

Don't get me wrong, i like OJ too but there might be a minimum of 2 year wait before we'd see him in a canucks uniform. If the value is still there, then i would use it for a package. If there are more picks on the side to even it more, then so be it.

There are more Stanley cup winners with a true stud at D.

Ek will be up there. As an ufa, today will be my top priority. Edler will be the 2nd priority.

Edler (if he re-signs) - EK 

Hughes - Dumba

Hutton - Stecher

Shelter the 2nd and 3rd pair.

Tanev, as much as i like him too, will need be moved.

Schenn/Biega will be 7th/8th.

I don’t think I’d even do OJ straight up for Dumba.  JB will be looking at the ceiling of OJ, and seeing that as higher than what Dumba  can attain.  And Dumba is not a number one Stud.  He’s a good second pair guy.  

• Cheers 1